Tynwald

Addie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't the party £80 a head?  Was it at Buckingham Palace?

In Tynwald Today Mr Bell stated that the party worked out at £181.63 per head which included a voucher for a free glass of wine or a pint of beer.

Facts

Approximately £108 per head for March 03, £70 per head for Dec 03 and £71 per head for Dec 04

Cost included

3 vouchers for a free glass of wine, beer or spirit

3-course dinner with dancing

4 bottles of wine on a table for 10/12 people

transport to/from the event

live band, DJ

Free staff tombola with gifts donated to MEA by Suppliers

All other costs borne by staff.

Wasn't the party £80 a head?  Was it at Buckingham Palace?

In Tynwald Today Mr Bell stated that the party worked out at £181.63 per head which included a voucher for a free glass of wine or a pint of beer.

Facts

Approximately £108 per head for March 03, £70 per head for Dec 03 and £71 per head for Dec 04

Cost included

3 vouchers for a free glass of wine, beer or spirit

3-course dinner with dancing

4 bottles of wine on a table for 10/12 people

transport to/from the event

live band, DJ

Free staff tombola with gifts donated to MEA by Suppliers

All other costs borne by staff.

Manx Radio said the sums were 181, 70, 71, and a voucher for one drink from the bar

Dear Members of Tynwald,

Following your revelations about the costs of MEA Christmas functions provided by the Board of the MEA as a thank you for all the staff who have dedicated themselves to provide a service as employees with conditions of employment inferior to civil servants, as an employee of the MEA I would like to ask the following question and hope the Honourable Member from Peel, Hazel Hannan MHK, will respond…

During the last three years on the evening of Tynwald day celebrations…..

1. How much tax payer’s money was spent on the Tynwald banquets/dinners and what were the venues?

2. Who were the invited guests and from what countries did they come from?

3. Was transportation and accommodation provided to such guests, to and from this Island, and to the Tynwald ceremony and banquet/dinner, and at what cost to the taxpayer?

4. Were taxis provided for members of Tynwald to attend the banquets/dinners and at what cost?

5. Were wives and spouses or partners (regardless of sexual persuasion) included in all the aforementioned costs?

6. Were free drinks provided to Tynwald guests and their partners and offshore guests?

7. In view of the answers hopefully forthcoming is it justified that the Honourable Member of Peel should question MEA efforts to thank their employees when one considers the gifts that many good employers in the private sector give their staff to celebrate Yuletide?

8. Will Tynwald members confirm that despite no such parties are paid by the tax payer to actual civil servants in Government departments, that employees of the MEA are not civil servants, yet despite being members of a Government Department are subject to employment terms and conditions (including pension rights), less favourable than civil servants?

9. Will the Members of Tynwald confirm that they have annexed themselves regarding pay and conditions to Civil Service pay grades and explain why?

Do you think honest answers will come from that? I do not.

I think Hazel Hannan has just lost the next general election. But no worries! Jabba the Hutt will get her on the Legislative Council with Richard Corkill.

Ha ha ha!

Any bets?

Hey Vader, are we going to see more of your rubbish here now they've shut down your 'own' racist, bigoted, site.

Stick to cats.  It's the closest you'll ever get to.....

Why has Manx Chat been closed? From what I saw it was hardly contentious if you know what I mean.

Still, there's always Topica Manks. The forum equivalent to the afternoon valium trolley in an old folk's home.

Hey Magneto / Blixo / whatever you are this week / you visit Topica Manks so are they still bleating on about French Canadian accents? Fascinating stuff...

So the Fat Controller et al are off on another jolly. I wonder what their agenda looks like....

-

Vote on http://www.iomonline.co.im/frontpage.aspx

Was the MEA right to spend an average of £90 per head for its workforce's annual Christmas party?

64% Yes. The workforce deserves recognition for its efforts throughout the year and £90 per head is a reasonable amount.

36% No. The MEA could throw a party at much less expense and it is wrong for a statutory body to spend so much money on a Christmas party.

Vote on http://www.iomonline.co.im/frontpage.aspx

Was the MEA right to spend an average of £90 per head for its workforce's annual Christmas party?

64% Yes. The workforce deserves recognition for its efforts throughout the year and £90 per head is a reasonable amount.

36% No. The MEA could throw a party at much less expense and it is wrong for a statutory body to spend so much money on a Christmas party.

That 37 pints and two good special kebabs each

I hope you're actually going to send that to someone (eg the paper, Hazel, Don) instead of just pointless ranting in here.

Pointless ranting? Isn't that exactly what most of us do on these fora? I would suggest that this is one of the better constructed posts, makes some bloody good points, and at least Seamus doesn't hide the fact that he works for the MEA.

Seems like you have to be part of the right gang here to get a break...which is most disappointing and redolent of schoolyard bullying.

Archived