The Dalby Spook

simon

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the entire Irving family was mentally ill and similarly deluded so they had a shared hallucination of the same talking mongoose. Not a very scientific or likely explanation.

They were colluding in a bullshit fairy tale.

If more people studied and understood science better I think they'd find the real things around them fascinating enough not to need so many make believe fantasies.

On the offchance that anyone here is London-based, Senate House Library is hosting a Gef the Talking Mongoose Symposium (of which I am a co-organizer) on Thursday 10th April 2014. Further details, full programme, and tickets here.

In addition to the speakers, there'll be a screening of Brian Catling and Tony Grisoni's Vanished! film (on the Dalby Spook case), and a display of materials from Harry Price's archives (including Gef's hair) relating to his investigation of the case.

All this for seven quid!

The beginnings of niche sector tourist industry. Encourage them to come over to the island and start a Mongoose Experience in Dalby.

Even someone as apparently* erudite as Sir Arthur Conan doyle was completely deceived by some faked photos of fairies - fairy photos that the two small girls who produced them eventually admitted faking.

Those fairies were nothing like the descriptions of Manx fairies.

That'll be due to generations of Manx fairy inbreeding

• 2 years later...

I have never seen a Ghost in my Life.

And I spent several Nights in 2000 Touring around Hiroshima and Nagasaki and never once saw a Japanese Ghost of any sort.

And if there is any place where one may Experience seeing a Ghost, Hiroshima and Nagasaki would be the Places.

3X3

In case of interest, my book on the Dalby Spook / Gef the Talking Mongoose case is at last finished (it's only taken me 7 years crying.gif).

It's published by Strange Attractor Press and is currently at the printers; should be available around the end of April / start of May 2017.

Hurry up! I've had it on order for months. In fact two copies, one earmarked for a Christmas Present last year!

In case of interest, my book on the Dalby Spook / Gef the Talking Mongoose case is at last finished (it's only taken me 7 years crying.gif).

It's published by Strange Attractor Press and is currently at the printers; should be available around the end of April / start of May 2017.

I don't believe it is your book. I think it is the work of a "Ghostwriter"

Archived