Traditional Light Bulbs Illegal In Eu

manshimajin

strictly it is illegal to sell non-pearl lamps with dissipation of 100W or greater - thus low consumption traditional lamps should still be available - possibly in short term future the lower consumption ones (eg pilot lamps in fridges etc will be replaced by LED versions

I'm pretty sure they aren't called pilot lights. I think pilot lights are the ones which ignite bigger things, like the way some ovens ignite. But I know what you mean.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure they aren't called pilot lights. I think pilot lights are the ones which ignite bigger things, like the way some ovens ignite. But I know what you mean.

ok a pilot light is indeed the small always on gas flame - I should have used pilot lamp

With all the fuss in the EU about carbon emissions and energy saving I wonder why they don't forget light bulbs and just stop moving the EU Parliament, EU Public Service and EU records back and forth every month between Brussels and Strasbourg? Wonder what the carbon footprint of doing that is?

With all the fuss in the EU about carbon emissions and energy saving I wonder why they don't forget light bulbs and just stop moving the EU Parliament, EU Public Service and EU records back and forth every month between Brussels and Strasbourg? Wonder what the carbon footprint of doing that is?

Or stop translating documents into Irish Gaelic at great expenses (Jesus Christ).

Are energy saving bulbs still remarkably poor at lighting rooms or have advances been made yet?

You can get ones that are pretty much instant to about 80% then build up slowly from there. I actually find the best ones are from Shoprite Chester St!

so all theses lights with there Mercury getting dummped in the ground or set on fire,

sounds really gd for the place dont it

Flourescent Lamps can be recycled. If they become more popular some kind of large-scale initiative could be setup.

Are energy saving bulbs still remarkably poor at lighting rooms or have advances been made yet?

You can get ones that are pretty much instant to about 80% then build up slowly from there. I actually find the best ones are from Shoprite Chester St!

so all theses lights with there Mercury getting dummped in the ground or set on fire,

Flourescent Lamps can be recycled. If they become more popular some kind of large-scale initiative could be setup.

maybe but at the moment thay be going in the bin

maybe but at the moment thay be going in the bin

Indeed. And apparently incineration is the worst method of disposal. But I offset the lamp life and energy saved.

Indeed. And apparently incineration is the worst method of disposal. But I offset the lamp life and energy saved.

sounds about right for the IOM.

u can just see the all the tree huggers,

"we done it we made them use them new bulbs, we will cut co2 and save the world"

"o its only a little mercury being pumped in the air it be right"

"we done it we made them use them new bulbs, we will cut co2 and save the world"

Simple solution....

*gets out chainsaw*

Simple solution....

*gets out chainsaw*

what u going to gut up the tree huggers :D

Archived