Monday Racing Cancelled

bluemonday

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And is the DTL co-oridnating anything to help? No. I have offered my washing machine, bath and tumble dryer to anyone getting in touch with the Welcome Centre, but they haven't been told, or taken the inititiave themselves, to co-ordinate anything!!

We really do not deserve a tourism industry.

They have done something Gladys. It may not be much but is is something

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=38339

I know Piebaps, but I am talking about offering these people home facilities to get dry, warm and clean. Plenty of people were 'phoning MR to offer just that, myself included, but there is no official co-ordination of those who want to offer facilities with those who may like to take them up.

To be honest Gladys I think you're overreacting a bit. These people chose to camp, and that means there's a chance of something like this happening. It's a hazard and the people concerned aren't namby-pamby schoolgirls. I doubt they're that bothered and are probably more concerned about racing being off.

Also the photos on the IOM.TT site don't look too bad, experienced worse at festivals. They've not helped themselves because it looks as if most of the mud has been churned up by regular movement of motor-vehicles.

To be honest Gladys I think you're overreacting a bit. These people chose to camp, and that means there's a chance of something like this happening. It's a hazard and the people concerned aren't namby-pamby schoolgirls. I doubt they're that bothered and are probably more concerned about racing being off.

Also the photos on the IOM.TT site don't look too bad, experienced worse at festivals. They've not helped themselves because it looks as if most of the mud has been churned up by regular movement of motor-vehicles.

Most of the Camp site at the paddock is now flooded

Yes, but the facilities at Noble's Park are next to non-existant, according to all accounts. MR are broadcasting the numbers of people who want to help, but there is no co-ordination at DTL level. Just seems to me that the IOM Government response has been less than slick.

I know they are not namby-pamby schoolgirls and, like Kered, I was hoping to introduce some qualifying criteria to take up my offer!

If it rains everyday can we just call it a draw (like in cricket)?

or they could play Monopoly or Buckaroo instead to decide who wins; that's what we do when it rains.

They should hold a"dance off", in their racing leathers and helmets, that would be hilarious. :lol:

Considering the millions/billions this Island has, we should be thoroughly ashamed of ourselves for the piss poor facilities we have, it's a feckin joke! I've seen village fetes look more professional than this toss. There should be a permanent camping area, concreted with pathways with water and power outlets, top notch shower/hygiene facilities...if they can do it for the wealthy yacht owners at the marina's why the hell not for the riders? Also throw in a large lounge/communual area.

Archived