Wanted Power Supply / Psu. For Radio

glass

Give me a day or two to dig it out if I still have it, but Im sure I have a Watson 25 amp switch mode PSU around somewhere. Good for a 100W HF set if thats your thing, but did a 50W VHF set no problems. Stopped using it because it did not running in a cold shack, but was fine when it was used in doors. Yours if/when I find it.

I am looking for a 13.8 volt (12volt) power supply. the kind of thing you would use to power a CB or car radio in a house.

Any one got one to get rid of?

Andy

I've tryed to find one in the past at faze2 moochers etc,gave up and went to waltons/colebourns (cant remember which and picked up a cheap variable voltage(12-20V) laptop psu ,works a treat :D

Give me a day or two to dig it out if I still have it, but Im sure I have a Watson 25 amp switch mode PSU around somewhere. Good for a 100W HF set if thats your thing, but did a 50W VHF set no problems. Stopped using it because it did not running in a cold shack, but was fine when it was used in doors. Yours if/when I find it.

thanks I need a few amps to drive the radio I have.

CTEK car battery chargers are intelligent in the amount of power they supply and the one I have can also drive 12v kit with no car battery. I got mine from www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk - £40 for a 12v charger. I would check with them that this particular model will power 12v kit with no battery tho as I have the heavy duty 7000 series

CTEK car battery chargers are intelligent in the amount of power they supply and the one I have can also drive 12v kit with no car battery. I got mine from www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk - £40 for a 12v charger. I would check with them that this particular model will power 12v kit with no battery tho as I have the heavy duty 7000 series

thanks for the suggestions folks. I picked one up this week

Archived