Baggage Handling Or Willful Distruction

Jack Daniels

Has anyone had recent problems with damaged luggage with FlyBe?

Just been on holiday and on each of the 4 flights we suffered damage to one of the 3 cases we had. So one case was trounced twice.

2 with FlyBe in and out of Ronaldsway and 2 in and out of Manchester/Kefalonia with Thomas Cook.

I reported and am claiming for damages with Thomas Cook for the one case which we borrowed from a friend, but due to time constraints wasn't able to deal with the FlyBe damage.

Does anyone know whether a claim with FlyBe can be done retrospectively?

And is it a Airline issue or a Baggage Handler contractor issue?

All 3 cases are unable to be used again.

I've claimed from Flybe at least 3 times, they always damage my luggage. I think someone at the airport needs to see the damage and fill out a claim form, but you could email Flybe to see if you can do it retrospectively. You have to keep on at them because they'll try to ignore you. I just kept emailing every email address in their contacts list until I got a satisfactory reply.

You usually only get half of what your suitcase cost unless you have a receipt, so make sure if you don't have your receipt you tell them your suitcase cost you more than it actually did! You'll need to scan them a copy of your luggage ticket and details of what flight you were on etc.

Flybe have damaged my suitcase so many times (even a £200 Samsonite!) so now I just buy the cheapest suitcase I can find and buy a new one each time I travel. My current suitcase came from Shoprite and cost me £16.99. Of course, if Flybe damage it I'll say it cost me £35.

Good luck getting your money back. Be persistent!

Archived