Be Nice To The Temp!

Tonto

Our office was as unprepared as most are before I joined and the shock horror when I asked people - oh shame - a couple of weeks beforehand what their proposed jobs for the temp/work placement/student were going to be, what days and times were available/convenient etc etc etc.....

The first time, noone was ready, but I was - result - no filing left, ancient archives boxed up and sent back to the pyramids, filing cabinets ready for inspection by the queen of anal retention (moi) - a new database set up from scratch etc etc, and what did it cost - common courtesy, tea and buns, flexible working arrangements and above all humour and plenty chocolate whilst doing crap jobs - we all took it in turns to help. (plus your earth money too of course!)

That was in the dim and distant past - a golden age - I'm the victim of my own success here and now do my own filing, archiving and location of lavvies since the building now fights for the person to be responsible for the temp! It doesn't always work however, some folks really dont go the extra mile, or even half way and loose out on piles of work that can be done if you do make the effort.

thanks for the H&S stuff - good luck with the exam. I've got it now if I ever need it. Like you say, mark it down to experience and move on. O to be 19 again..!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived