Rnli Memorial Opens

manshimajin

To commemorate the 200th anniversary of the RNLI a Memorial Sculpture was opened today to commemorate the 778 people who have lost their lives saving others.

Given the strong Manx connection with the formation of the RNLI I wonder if anyone from the Government has travelled over to Poole to represent the Island in this commemoration?

At a time when the Island's reputation needs positive exposure in our by far and away major trading partner it strikes me that this is a more important event to attend than launching a ship in China. Hope the Government was appropriately represented.

A hearty thanks to all those who serve with this wonderful organisation.

To commemorate the 200th anniversary of the RNLI a Memorial Sculpture was opened today to commemorate the 778 people who have lost their lives saving others.

Given the strong Manx connection with the formation of the RNLI I wonder if anyone from the Government has travelled over to Poole to represent the Island in this commemoration?

At a time when the Island's reputation needs positive exposure in our by far and away major trading partner it strikes me that this is a more important event to attend than launching a ship in China. Hope the Government was appropriately represented.

A hearty thanks to all those who serve with this wonderful organisation.

Sam didn't fancy Poole and opted for China instead

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Sam-Barks-t...Manx.5612054.jp

Archived