[BBC News] Three held over drugs discovery

Newsbot

I smell a scandal.

On your bike ;)

:P Well spotted that man...though there were in fact 2 clues...

Why so coy it's already on Energy's website - Cavendish's Brother Remanded?

Interesting that the story's been removed from iomtoday although it's listed on the most viewed list on the news page. Must be planing on leading on it tomorrow.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
England dont want drugs flooding in from the Isle of Man, but we dont seem to be too bothered about them coming here!

Yeah because England would be 'flooded' with drugs from the Island. I expect the supply chain from IOM to UK is barely worth a sniff at, if it exists at at all.

I'd imagine the only drugs leaving the IoM to go to the UK are the ones bought from the UK and were found to be not the real thing and being returned for a refund :lol:

No you were correct on the 4th, but I was replying to the post of the 5th (and other people's) after it was in the public domain.

Someone told me before it was "public domain". I don't really monitor local news sources to find out when a story has broken so it was a tongue in cheek reply to Albert's post

Either way that is still £55,000 worth of drugs that have not been inflicted onto the young on our streets.

Unfortunately, the likelihood is that damage has already been done, as the money that is used in the drugs trade sometimes finance terrorist organizations, prostitution and paedophile activities.

BUT....the question would probably be to a drug user, If YOU knew that the money from the sale of drugs to you would help finance terrorist organizations, prostitution and paedophile activities, would you still do it?

It's not the little scally from Liverpool who supports terrorism, prostitution, etc. But, as you go further back to the source of the drugs, organised crime does become involved. Both sides in Northern Ireland weren't adverse to using the sale of drugs to support their terrorist activities.

But then doesn't this go back to problem of legalisation. Because the sort of activities that these people are involved in are within the category of illegal acts.

I don't really have much of a problem with the prostitution thing in general though as long as they aren't child slaves or kidnapped women.

One day the loonies running the asylum will finally wake up to the fact that this 'war' is long since lost.

"Each individual adult is responsible for making decisions freely about their desired lifestyle without state interference," the ruling said. "Private conduct is allowed unless it constitutes a real danger or causes damage to property or the rights of others."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2009...s-latin-america

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/0...criminalisation

Archived