Tynwald Watch

The Old Git

That is something that really bugs me too. I hate being called "love" by men/women I don't know. For some reason it always sounds so errmmm... what's the word? Patronising? Will think of a better word later I'm sure.

Well done for going you rebel you!

I was there (Myrtle Street) too and did a piece (probably) for Mandate in the morning. Deep joy - met Marje and Beastie! Didn't know Bee to say hello to, so apologies.

Actually (and in an attempt to report impartially) a few people acknowledged the 'group' and/or exchanged a few words - from memory, Alex Downie, John Rimington, Brenda Cannell, Peter Karran, Richard Corkill, Dominic Delaney, John Houghton, Bill Henderson, Quintin Gill, Phil Gawne. There were probably others.

In fairness, they did have to run the gauntlet somewhat, although most of the Tynwald Watchers were good-natured and polite. One chap got very heated, but allegedly he had a personal gripe... which was probably counter-productive in the overall scheme of things.

Will it make any difference? Is it a legitimate protest at this stage of MM2?

Who knows...but surely, it's a case of hats off to anyone who's prepared to turn out and make an effort to let the elected know how they feel. Too many of us sit back and moan here or elsewhere. I'm not saying that I agree with Andrew and his people, but I respect their right to peaceful protest.

I was a late arrival, I only made it down for the 1 O'clock stand. Next time though. I had no idea what I was supporting until I got there but it sounded good.

Tee....I like your signature however, it is badly let down by the stupidity of your post. Derr, Tynwald meets at other times too, not just on July 5th.

Mr Downie also suggested I wasn't living on the Island 15 years ago - ferr real?? I was born here duffous and I know I look young (stop laughing, dear friends who know better) but I certainly hope I dont look like I'm 15. Cripes that would mean I reproduced when I was 4.....I'm 32 Mr Downie sir.

MM2?? well from what Mr Downie was saying today, I think it is a case of closing the stable door after the horse has gone. He suggested taking it to the law society regards vendor and purchasing advocates being the same. Dosent help the MM home owners really nor does it get the £10million back into the public purse but hey we should be slightly grateful that the planning laws are/have been revised.......I wonder whom to suit this time..

Archived