Spotify On Iphone/itouch

Slim

I downloaded it on my iphone yesterday, upgraded to a premium account and it works great. When at home on wifi, i've made a few play lists, then added an album to the play list and made it available offline.

It works well on 3G pity MT's 3G coverage is so poor, can't get it at work or home, seems worse when its cloudy.

I downloaded it on my iphone yesterday, upgraded to a premium account and it works great. When at home on wifi, i've made a few play lists, then added an album to the play list and made it available offline.

It works well on 3G pity MT's 3G coverage is so poor, can't get it at work or home, seems worse when its cloudy.

Have you noticied if its available via itunes? You on manx.net or wimanx? I suspect apple think wimanx is somewhere outside the UK which is why I can't see it.

Have you noticied if its available via itunes? You on manx.net or wimanx? I suspect apple think wimanx is somewhere outside the UK which is why I can't see it.

I just logged on to my PC at home and searched the app store in iTunes and it was there. I am on manx.net and IP address is located in the IOM.

I had a problem the other day with spotify not working, it complained that my location was different to what I had set in my profile, and I could only travel with it for 14 days, but since subscribing it works fine even with the IOM ip address.

Can you not just search for it in the app store on your phone?

Can you not just search for it in the app store on your phone?

Not got a iphone (data contracts, lolz!), got an itouch. It must be wimanx, I'll go find a hotspot and try there.

If you are logged into iTunes and your iTunes account has UK / IOM address and billing details then you should not be having any issue using the UK store. You can then use the UK store from any IP address anywhere.

ETA1: App Store is on the iPod Touch too.

ETA2: I can download the App from iTunes - but the Spotify website does not like my MT IP address and tells me I cannot open an account.

If you are logged into iTunes and your iTunes account has UK / IOM address and billing details then you should not be having any issue using the UK store. You can then use the UK store from any IP address anywhere.

Aha, yes, wasn't signed in. Did that and it changed to UK store and I got spotify.

Don't see any way of getting the itouch app store to be UK, can't see anywhere to sign in. No worries anyway, the above is sorted.

ETA2: I can download the App from iTunes - but the Spotify website does not like my MT IP address and tells me I cannot open an account.

Do you have a spotify account? Need an invite?

Declan, yes, silly iphone OS won't allow anyone but apple to multi task. The money to artists might be a problem, but that seems mainly down to the labels rather than spotify.

Don't see any way of getting the itouch app store to be UK, can't see anywhere to sign in. No worries anyway, the above is sorted.

You're using the pre 3.0 firmware/OS ? It was part of the 3.0 update. Along with direct access to the iTunes store, podcasts etc.

Need an invite?

Many thanks for the offer. But I've got about a million things on my agenda before the year is out - so the last thing I actually need is anything else to distract me :)

You're using the pre 3.0 firmware/OS ? It was part of the 3.0 update. Along with direct access to the iTunes store, podcasts etc.

Yes, didn't upgrade to 3.0 on the itouch, as it costs. I have direct access to the store, and direct download of podcasts on 2.x.

Many thanks for the offer. But I've got about a million things on my agenda before the year is out - so the last thing I actually need is anything else to distract me :)

Music helps!

Archived