[BBC News] Teenager injured in street attack

Newsbot

It is high time these police spokes peoples were exposed, all of the time they say "Fortunately incidents of this nature are very rare", this we all know to be a complete lie, I mean only the other day I was walking through the street and people were fighting, it happens all the time. All the time there are drunk people in the pubs, it is not rare! STOP LYING!

"Fortunately incidents of this nature are very rare",

I abreviated that to Fortunately...... and 'poof' it vanished.

But the again we all know - or are told by those who know what's best for us - that there's no drink or drug problem here so it must follow that there can't be a problem with violence either.

It is high time these police spokes peoples were exposed, all of the time they say "Fortunately incidents of this nature are very rare", this we all know to be a complete lie, I mean only the other day I was walking through the street and people were fighting, it happens all the time. All the time there are drunk people in the pubs, it is not rare! STOP LYING!

It doesn't say that though.

I abreviated that to Fortunately...... and 'poof' it vanished.

Because it's tiresome and unfunny. You do it in pretty much every single Newsbot thread and you need to stop.

It's not funny but it is quite apt, in a dis-establishmentarian sort of way.

Yes it might be tiresome to some, but there can be nothing more tiresome than to have the police tell us "that fortunately incidents like this are rare on the Isle of Man". OK it may not have been officially said in this case (yet) but I think perhaps the internet watchers from the police force have finally realised how bloody stupid the phrase was getting.

Oh, and rule number 2 on this forum seems to be "do not incur the wrath of ans by slanging Neswbot".

:)

OK it may not have been officially said in this case (yet) but I think perhaps the internet watchers from the police force have finally realised how bloody stupid the phrase was getting.

Finally? Have you ever bothered to count up how many times they actually said it? And when the last time was? Please do this and report back with your findings.

There is such a thing as dragging out a "joke" for so long that you actually because as boring, repetitive and utterly unfunny as the thing you're trying to parody. We reached that point a good while ago and a couple of people are still flogging the dead horse. Now they just look the "bloody stupid" ones.

Archived