Mother Sets Fire To Herself And Daughter To Escape Bullies

La_Dolce_Vita

No, if you look at all my posts on the topic you will see that I believe there is more to this than has been reported. In no way am I trying to excuse the actions of the neighbours, nor the inactions of the police and social services. But had the mother survived, would it be right to think that she may be up for a murder charge?

I have no knowledge whatsoever about the legal system, but, at a guess, surely not a urder charge but causing death whilst the mind was disturbed or something like that?

Or maybe even too mentally disturbed to stand trial at all?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diminished responsibility.

Love this:

Well I was thinking of becoming a few years ago intelligence officer

I can't how that didn't imagine work out.

What a shambolic response and the pub's were still open! Shame on you...

No, if you look at all my posts on the topic you will see that I believe there is more to this than has been reported. In no way am I trying to excuse the actions of the neighbours, nor the inactions of the police and social services. But had the mother survived, would it be right to think that she may be up for a murder charge?

I'm not arguing with ALL your posts on the topic. But I do argue with this:

"However, be that as it may, I still do not feel sympathy for the mother; it was a vicious decision that I cannot even imagine in the execution;"

What you mean is that you can't put yourself in the position of a woman driven to such a pitch that she takes her own, and her daughter's life.

The problem here is your lack of imagination.

S

No, I don't lack imagination, nor an understanding of mental illness, just sympathy for the mother. I have a huge amount of sympathy, and even sadness, for the two children, one of whom she chose to kill in the most inhumane manner, the other she felt able to abandon. Now, if she was that unbalanced, then why didn't the social services pick up on it; they must surely have been keeping in touch with this family? Is this a better one to bury beneath feral neighbour headlines, then another failure of social services? As I have said, there is more to this than has been reported.

Archived