Unions

manxbutcher

A good friend of mine who works at the meat plant tells me there is going to be a pay freeze there this year.

Apparently the staff are having a meeting with the union to see if something can be done about the pay freeze - does anybody know if the unions have any real influence in the private sector?

It might be an idea to have a read through this first if you haven't done so already

Civils Service Pay rise link

A good friend of mine who works at the meat plant tells me there is going to be a pay freeze there this year.

Apparently the staff are having a meeting with the union to see if something can be done about the pay freeze - does anybody know if the unions have any real influence in the private sector?

You wouldn't go to court without a lawyer so why would you go to pay negotiations without a professional negotiator? Unions will also provide advice on employment law if you get into difficulties. The Union fee is similar to an insurance policy.

My union also has a legal aid scheme which covers me if I am in an accident (even outside work) where someone else is at fault. I got £22k in damages following a traffic accident a few years ago and £14k of this was paid to my employer to cover my wages while I was in hospital.

A better idea would be to inject their existing pay packets with water, so it actually looks like they are getting more than they really are.

Then they'd know how we feel, when we bring home the bacon.

Archived