[BBC News] Harbour's revamp plans endorsed

Newsbot

Plans to revamp Ramsey harbour are a "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity", a Chamber of Trade spokesman says.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/8268729.stm

I think Dean and Dyball spelt out the benefits of having a marina when they wanted to build a mega-development.

Now they can see them in Peel and Douglas the residents of Ramsey can see what they meant.

Plans to revamp Ramsey harbour are a "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity", a Chamber of Trade spokesman says.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/8268729.stm

I think Dean and Dyball spelt out the benefits of having a marina when they wanted to build a mega-development.

Now they can see them in Peel and Douglas the residents of Ramsey can see what they meant.

Went to have a look today ,the sooner they get started on the larger option the better. :)

The problem is the muppets that got it all stopped last time only go to douglas once in a lifetime , and they have done that so how can they see what we are missing !

Now we will hear them on the radio again spurting their crap and the government will pull out again. :angry:

There are aprox 8 thousand voters in ramsey i think, lets all have a say in the town from now on, not anonymous polls as they have done in the past, they have all our names and adress's ;)

The problem is the muppets that got it all stopped last time only go to douglas once in a lifetime , and they have done that so how can they see what we are missing !

Now we will hear them on the radio again spurting their crap and the government will pull out again. :angry:

Who are these people? They should be buried in the concrete to save costs on the new harbour.

Last day today, went in yesterday and the "bigger scheme" is infinitely better even though it presents more engineering challenges - but if they can do it to the Douglas and Peel rivers there's no reason why Ramsey can't be done.

The trouble is the scare mongery about flooding and the effect of the flap on the river - there are too many people willing to listen to the negatives insteed of getting their asses down and finding out for themselves.

The last time the RAID mob spent days "collecting" signatures on a petition against the proposals by camping outside the Shoprite doors - most of the old dears who signed didn't have any idea what it was about.

Just went for a look, can't say I was impressed with the display, no real facts, just a shopping list of needs and a few spelling mistakes. Some nice stats and figures about potential future income and suchlike, absolute bollox of course as they haven't counted the cost of lost jobs at the shipyard and probable inability of Mezeron ships to reach the gridiron if they go with their, obvious, preferred option of blocking the river at the bridge, therefore forcing them out of town.

The old river is the best option with some benefits;

Paul Dedman will move to new premises on the quay, where Currans was.

His shop to become ship's chandlers/mini market.

More traffic to North Shore Road and improvements to same.

More people using the park.

More taxi trade between marina and town, (my favourite)

Wilf's yard won't suddenly become three times as valuable as development land.

Get rid of some of the scabby old wrecks that litter the old river now.

Archived