An Evening Of Clairvoyance

Lost Login

I have just spoken to God and he tells me Clairvoyance is a lot of nonsense.

He has also just told me tonights winning numbers on the lottery but I'm not telling anyone as I cannot interfere with your destinies.

That'll be five pounds each please.

If you want a copy of my latest book please pm me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A family friend of ours went to a clairvoyance/medium evening for a consultation after her husband died - 'bargain' at £50.

I said to her my ex-wife always thought I had some of these 'abilities' and I would give it a try too. I then mentioned the war and asked her if she knew someone called William and that I thought he was very important to her...mentioned another couple of popular first names from around that era blah blah blah and so forth.

I had her convinced, by just applying a little bit of logic. I suspect I could make a fortune if I really wanted to, as most of the people looking for answers at these events won't even notice the slight discrepancies (guesses). Tell anyone what they want to hear and they'll agree with you and even pay you in these circumstances.

A family friend of ours went to a clairvoyance/medium evening for a consultation after her husband died - 'bargain' at £50.

I said to her my ex-wife always thought I had some of these 'abilities' and I would give it a try too. I then mentioned the war and asked her if she knew someone called William and that I thought he was very important to her...mentioned another couple of popular first names from around that era blah blah blah and so forth.

I had her convinced, by just applying a little bit of logic. I suspect I could make a fortune if I really wanted to, as most of the people looking for answers at these events won't even notice the slight discrepancies (guesses). Tell anyone what they want to hear and they'll agree with you and even pay you in these circumstances.

I knew you were going to say that, just didn't get up early enough to post it. If you want a more indepth and personal reading of your future thoughts please pm me

I had a similar discussion recently on a different forum, on which there were plenty of believers, and only one real sceptic who was being shouted down, i joined in the debate with some key points and my fellow skeptic went on to produce a hilarious illustration of my point.

here are the posts:

Why is it that when the dead talk to the mediums, they can say things like "tattoo on the upper arm" but cant say their name? why does the medium say i have an old person here with the initial J. or something similar? and then as soon as someone makes a connection they get more detail. why does a spirit never come to the medium and say my name is "X" and i have a message for "y" and "z" who are sat in row J seat 4 and 5. the answer is cold reading.

Spot on.

What sort of conversations are these people having with "the spirits"?

Medium: "Hi"

Spirit: "Alright mate?"

M: "Who are you here to talk to?"

S: "Have a guess"

M: "No, you need to tell me"

S: "Ok, it's someone whose name begins with J"

M: "What? Are you taking the piss? Just tell me"

S: "Nope, J is all I'm giving you"

M: "Ok, let me get this right; you're dead, I'm helping you talk to the people who were closest to you in life, the people who you loved and who loved you... and all you've giving me is a letter?"

S: "Yeah, J... or it could be K"

WTF?

how times have changed - for about 50 years to just after WW1 the Methodist dominated Douglas council did all it could to prevent 'unsuitable' entertainments on Douglas Head - gypsy encampments and fortune tellers were especially unwelcome though it seems once they became respectable rate payers they could establish themselves along the prom.

It's quite possible that there may be such a thing as a clairvoyant ability, probably latent in our minds.

Amongst other abilities that the mind has but aren't used and certainly aren't understood.

That it can be turned on like a tap for 'commercial' use derogates both the ability and the general perception.

Life after death?

Quite possible.

The answer will lie in science not religion.

What sort of conversations are these people having with "the spirits"?

Medium: "Hi"

Spirit: "Alright mate?"

M: "Who are you here to talk to?"

S: "Have a guess"

M: "No, you need to tell me"

S: "Ok, it's someone whose name begins with J"

M: "What? Are you taking the piss? Just tell me"

S: "Nope, J is all I'm giving you"

M: "Ok, let me get this right; you're dead, I'm helping you talk to the people who were closest to you in life, the people who you loved and who loved you... and all you've giving me is a letter?"

S: "Yeah, J... or it could be K"

Brilliant! :lol:

A family friend of ours went to a clairvoyance/medium evening for a consultation after her husband died - 'bargain' at £50...

I knew you were going to say that, just didn't get up early enough to post it. If you want a more indepth and personal reading of your future thoughts please pm me

Then you'll have already guessed what inanimate object I'm thinking of now, and how much it will hurt when I insert it in you.

It's quite possible that there may be such a thing as a clairvoyant ability, probably latent in our minds.

Amongst other abilities that the mind has but aren't used and certainly aren't understood.

Hmm, have you been watching too much Stargate or STVoy. It might be quite possible but there is absolutely no evidence to indicate that there is any latent ability. That's the problem and that's why it should be ridiculed when we can make also make very good assumptions on what these psychics are doing to look convincing.

Hmm, have you been watching too much Stargate or STVoy. It might be quite possible but there is absolutely no evidence to indicate that there is any latent ability. That's the problem and that's why it should be ridiculed when we can make also make very good assumptions on what these psychics are doing to look convincing.

All that said...I remain agnostic on it at the moment. Yup there are chareltons around etc. etc. but - what about quantum consciousness/superstrings and the 10 dimensions of the universe? That to me can't say it isn't possible - just the form we have it and the types thinking they can do it at the moment, makes it highly unlikely.

What I mean is that it might be true one day, and one day someone might convince me. But no one has so far.

Simply put, if a clarevoyant is any good he wouldn't need to ask for money as he'd be a millionaire, and have already busted Joe Jennings et al - by putting his mouth where the money is.

eta

BTW B5 is the best.

What do you mean?

All that said...I remain agnostic on it at the moment. Yup there are chareltons around etc. etc. but - what about quantum consciousness/superstrings and the 10 dimensions of the universe? That to me can't say it isn't possible - just the form we have it and the types thinking they can do it at the moment, makes it highly unlikely.
Well saying you are agnostic doesn't seem to say much at all that is not different from almost all right thinking people. I don't KNOW for sure whether nobody can be psychic or a clairvoyant, but I am pretty sure that they are not given that they cannot prove their abilities, are unwilling to, or have done and have not had their supposed abilities withstand scientific scrutiny.

how times have changed - for about 50 years to just after WW1 the Methodist dominated Douglas council did all it could to prevent 'unsuitable' entertainments on Douglas Head - gypsy encampments and fortune tellers were especially unwelcome though it seems once they became respectable rate payers they could establish themselves along the prom.

I will keep my eye out at the next election. It is funny how power bases come and go.. labour, Methodist etc

8-)

Archived