Protests At The Pittsburgh G20 Summit

La_Dolce_Vita

I looked again at the video. They are anarchists, as they are flying the black flag or the anarcho-communist black and red flag. It isn't a derogatory term though, don't know why you think that. Though the media are often very poor in their accuracy in respect of how they refer to things, such as referring to people who simply cause chaos as anarchists or people who damage things or attack the military as terrorists.

Ah ok I stand corrected. I thought that CNN were referring to all protesters. Over the top policing at it's finest though, that dog looks like it wanted to have a go at anything that moved!

Regarding anarchists, I just meant that the US media in particular tended to use that term to refer to all protesters legitimate or not, to imply that they were 'bad'.

Sometimes they do! Someone smashes a window and next minute they are anarchists even though their political convictions might only extend so far as being angry about the banks, or climate change, or something weird relating to conspiracy theories. But the word does have bad associations because it is wrongly connected in the ignorant popular understanding with trouble, chaos, and violence.

I find it quite interesting that there was not much a communist presence at the summit protests.

Archived