Dot Completes Work On Johnny Watterson's Lane

isleofman.com News

Drove up there last night and have to say (despite the "haven't they done well" estimates on the timescales) the modifications they've made are well thought out and sensible considering the potential for extra traffic with the new houses. The proper right turn lane for Governer's Hill should help to keep things moving and I've long thought they should have a proper footpath all the way down, which they've also taken care of.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drove up there last night and have to say (despite the "haven't they done well" estimates on the timescales) the modifications they've made are well thought out and sensible considering the potential for extra traffic with the new houses. The proper right turn lane for Governer's Hill should help to keep things moving and I've long thought they should have a proper footpath all the way down, which they've also taken care of.

But will it have to be re-designed and re-done, like the Groves Road Junction, the Ballasalla Traffic Calming........ and anyone care to add some more half-baked ideas that they've come up with?

Good to see it open again. Maybe I might get to work on time tomorrow.

I wonder how long it will be until someone stuffs their car into the hedge on the right hander going out of Douglas.

I don't think the new road layout will matter, idiot driver have the ability to crash on any type road no matter how well designed it is.

The Department of Transport has announced the completion of the road improvement scheme at Johnny Watterson's Lane.

The road will reopen to traffic on Friday 2nd October.

Maybe they can now go and help the useless lot doing the upper foxdale section who have been pissing about for about five months now and are still miles away from finishing.

Yes, its a great message to send out to any developer. Get planning to drop a load of unwanted houses in a really stupid place with poor access and terrible traffic flow and the manx taxpayer will eventually spend millions and inconvienience the public for months and months to upgrade everything to a proper standard so you can keep flinging those houses up.

Now its all done I'm sure that they could get another 300 houses between the new cemetery and the Scollag Road. I understand a certain developer has had an option over that land for 20 years or so, so it must be nice now for them so start seeing a return on their investment at last.

Yes, its a great message to send out to any developer. Get planning to drop a load of unwanted houses in a really stupid place with poor access and terrible traffic flow and the manx taxpayer will eventually spend millions and inconvienience the public for months and months to upgrade everything to a proper standard so you can keep flinging those houses up.

Now its all done I'm sure that they could get another 300 houses between the new cemetery and the Scollag Road. I understand a certain developer has had an option over that land for 20 years or so, so it must be nice now for them so start seeing a return on their investment at last.

Good points, SoS..........which leads me to think - was the work directly or covertly at the suggestion/persuasion of the developer(s)?.............and Upper Foxdale needs a housing developer.

To all those who have criticised the johnny watterson's lane project...go and form a tufty clib of your own, sit down and plan a road traffic scheme and hand in to the Highways section at the sea terminal, because I'm sure you are all brilliant humans with an ability to do anything better than anyone else, this being the case your oh so fantastic road traffic scheme will almost certainly be adopted as you are all without doubt resident genii and this fact will be instantly recognised.

To all those who have criticised the johnny watterson's lane project...go and form a tufty clib of your own, sit down and plan a road traffic scheme and hand in to the Highways section at the sea terminal, because I'm sure you are all brilliant humans with an ability to do anything better than anyone else

Its a straight road. It goes from Cronk Ny Mona to Ballanard Road. Its hardly a "scheme" is it? In fact I really don't think that much thought needs to go into making a straight road a little bit wider which is all they have done.

Sorry if I have not whooped with joy at the mastery of moving a few hedges on a road that goes from A to B and has two corners in it.

To all those who have criticised the johnny watterson's lane project...go and form a tufty clib of your own, sit down and plan a road traffic scheme and hand in to the Highways section at the sea terminal, because I'm sure you are all brilliant humans with an ability to do anything better than anyone else, this being the case your oh so fantastic road traffic scheme will almost certainly be adopted as you are all without doubt resident genii and this fact will be instantly recognised.

Where would you like me to start........................and when's the first tea break?

To all those who have criticised the johnny watterson's lane project...go and form a tufty clib of your own, sit down and plan a road traffic scheme and hand in to the Highways section at the sea terminal, because I'm sure you are all brilliant humans with an ability to do anything better than anyone else

Its a straight road. It goes from Cronk Ny Mona to Ballanard Road. Its hardly a "scheme" is it? In fact I really don't think that much thought needs to go into making a straight road a little bit wider which is all they have done.

Sorry if I have not whooped with joy at the mastery of moving a few hedges on a road that goes from A to B and has two corners in it.

I think the plan or scheme worked well and can't understand why there's all this negativity about the place when its been completed in a very fast time. I'm sure that it involves a lot of planning and interactions with various departments and I congratulate them on a job well done.

Archived