Dot Completes Work On Johnny Watterson's Lane

isleofman.com News

The Department of Transport has announced the completion of the road improvement scheme at Johnny Watterson's Lane.

The road will reopen to traffic on Friday 2nd October.

Maybe they can now go and help the useless lot doing the upper foxdale section who have been pissing about for about five months now and are still miles away from finishing.

5 months? I think it's over a year now isn't it? (I could be wrong). They also seem to be dumping the remains in Stoney Mountain Plantation, making a road.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
So that's 2 confirmed drivers who don't know how to take bends

whats the speed limit again :rolleyes:

Speed limit is only there to show the maximum allowed speed on a given stretch of road it is up to the driver to judge at what speed they can take the bend, take windy corner it is derestricted but only an idiot would consider taking it at 100mph, same with any road withing a town, the limit is in most cases 30mph but only an idiot would try to take a 90 degree bend at 30mph in an urban street.

So that's 2 confirmed drivers who don't know how to take bends

whats the speed limit again :rolleyes:

Speed limit is only there to show the maximum allowed speed on a given stretch of road it is up to the driver to judge at what speed they can take the bend, take windy corner it is derestricted but only an idiot would consider taking it at 100mph, same with any road withing a town, the limit is in most cases 30mph but only an idiot would try to take a 90 degree bend at 30mph in an urban street.

lol i know jim, i was being sarcastic, because im sure that even at 30mph you should still be able to take that bend with out crashing

because im sure that even at 30mph you should still be able to take that bend with out crashing

Depends on the conditions at the time... clear weather, dry surface - Yes. Dark, with snow or ice on the road - No.

dont think its been snowing or ice since it was re done :D

because im sure that even at 30mph you should still be able to take that bend with out crashing

Depends on the conditions at the time... clear weather, dry surface - Yes. Dark, with snow or ice on the road - No.

dont think its been snowing or ice since it was re done :D

OK - just wet then... same thing applies. Speed should be adjusted to match the conditions.

I see that one of their super-duper expensive plastic kerbs is already broken up by the Cat with no Tail, i wonder how long it will take to get fixed

You will find the kerbs are not that expensive and part of the design is to break on impact after absorbing a good proportion of the impact energy thus making them a lot safer than hitting a solid kerb and flipping over. As for time taken to replace, who knows.

I'd agree with that. Even at 20/30mph, the left hand narrow lane on the curve (heading down Johnny Wattersons' Lane) especially, is rife for a few skids/accidents on the ice.

You will find the kerbs are not that expensive and part of the design is to break on impact after absorbing a good proportion of the impact energy thus making them a lot safer than hitting a solid kerb and flipping over. As for time taken to replace, who knows.

What a crock of shit

Archived