Hammer Time

Shit3hawk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought his plan was to trash the equipment, as stated. I mean ok, this guy would have got a big sentence if he did trash stuff up and I imagine he was very angry - which is why you'd have thought. But can't say I object to what he was going do, assuming that people would have got out of his way.

You’re an idiot.

I thought his plan was to trash the equipment, as stated. I mean ok, this guy would have got a big sentence if he did trash stuff up and I imagine he was very angry - which is why you'd have thought. But can't say I object to what he was going do, assuming that people would have got out of his way.

You’re an idiot.

Erm...and so are you.

It might be a little presumptious of me to think he was doing the right thing for the right reasons by bringing it in to smash up some stuff because he lost his job. But I wonder about his intentions or his rationality if he made threats. It would have been easier to do some low-level sabotage across the whole notice period, something far more unobtrusive and undetectable than a bloody hammer.

You’re an idiot.

Erm...and so are you.

It might be a little presumptious of me to think he was doing the right thing for the right reasons by bringing it in to smash up some stuff because he lost his job. But I wonder about his intentions or his rationality if he made threats. Far better to embark on low-level sabotage across the whole notice period, something far more unobtrusive and undetectable than a bloody hammer.

I've thought long and hard about this...I still think you're an idiot.

Do you have to spout some controversial shite in every thread?, Anyone who considers smashing up their work place a good idea, Is clearly stressed/depressed and in need of mental help.

If you disagree with that you're the one in need of mental help.

It is what I think. Do you prefer it when everyone agrees?

It isn't his work place anymore. I know destruction of equipment or items brings on an awkward feeling, but I have little problem with it if it makes this guy feels better. Who cares about the situation of the bank?

And I absolutely believe that this man was stressed and probably very upset about losing what is the most important asset he has. And from the banks perspective, all for the sake of maintaining profits. It's a fucked up and inhumane system, so I see no requirement for anyone to react to it in a civilised fashion.

It is what I think. Do you prefer it when everyone agrees?

It isn't his work place anymore. I know destruction of equipment or items brings on an awkward feeling, but I have little problem with it if it makes this guy feels better. Who cares about the situation of the bank?

And I absolutely believe that this man was stressed and probably very upset about losing what is the most important asset he has. And from the banks perspective, all for the sake of maintaining profits. It's a fucked up and inhumane system, so I see no requirement for anyone to react to it in a civilised fashion.

Right, So the correct way to deal with losing your job is to smash the workplace up? Correct?..... thats ok in your opinion?, Civilised fashion?, how could you smash a place up in a "civilised fashion".

I'm intrigued.

I am saying that I have no problem with the idea of a former worker going into their workplace and trashing it when they have lost their job when their company makes billions, never mind millions in profits. Considering also that their job is the only thing that keeps them alive and their family if they have dependents. Oh, and there is a recession, so not a great time to find a job. Hell yeah, I have no problem with it.

I wasn't saying that trashing things is civilised. The very situation of waged workers is one that is marked by inhumanity, especially when they are actually treated as dispensable units of labour without consideration for their needs. It is the way it works, but it stinks. So no need to be civilised in reacting to it.

I am saying that I have no problem with the idea of a former worker going into their workplace and trashing it when they have lost their job when their company makes billions, never mind millions in profits. Considering also that their job is the only thing that keeps them alive and their family if they have dependents. Oh, and there is a recession, so not a great time to find a job. Hell yeah, I have no problem with it.

I wasn't saying that trashing things is civilised. The very situation of waged workers is one that is marked by inhumanity, especially when they are actually treated as dispensable units of labour without consideration for their needs. It is the way it works, but it stinks. So no need to be civilised in reacting to it.

The majority of big companies make millions, some even billions.

Agree to disagree, but there are far easier ways of getting back at an employer than trashing up the workplace (IE : affecting other people jobs in the process.)

At least if you're going to trash something, do it out of hours!

Agree to disagree, but there are far easier ways of getting back at an employer than trashing up the workplace (IE : affecting other people jobs in the process.)

What are these other methods? Perhaps we could write a handbook, "How to get back at your former employer".

It doesn't really effect other people's jobs; they might get the rest of the day off work after being evacuated from the building while the sledgehammer rampage goes on, but who's going to complain about that?

Archived