Hammer Time

Shit3hawk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does the fact that you have to hide your views from your peers not give you an inkling that you're a complete nutjob with little sense of reality?

I really doubt you are grossly stupid so I assume it is just a stupid question. I don't hide my views, they just never come up. I do not talk about politics in the workplace and I certainly do not expound my views and arguments about the world of world. To do so would be stupid. It serves no purpose and would be overheard by management, who are the ones who have control over my employment. It would be especially silly to air views for little gain when they run counter to the rubbish you hear on a day to day basis, such as Brand Values, "wank words", and neurolinguistic related discourse.

Although an utterly stupid thing to do, this has been blown out of all proportion. There was no 'wrecking spree' threatened - HSBC were giving away some equipment to staff on the closing day and he thought it'd be a good idea to smash up the office computer he had his name down for once it had been signed over to him and that's it, nothing more sinister.
I don't understand why anyone would do that, at all.

Although an utterly stupid thing to do, this has been blown out of all proportion. There was no 'wrecking spree' threatened - HSBC were giving away some equipment to staff on the closing day and he thought it'd be a good idea to smash up the office computer he had his name down for once it had been signed over to him and that's it, nothing more sinister.

Well nothing wrong with that then. Bit of a waste, but not exactly a lunatic on a rampage is it?

When I leave my current job I think i'll be burning the uniform and give back the burnt remains (company policy to return uniform.....)

Does the fact that you have to hide your views from your peers not give you an inkling that you're a complete nutjob with little sense of reality?

I really doubt you are grossly stupid so I assume it is just a stupid question. I don't hide my views, they just never come up. I do not talk about politics in the workplace and I certainly do not expound my views and arguments about the world of world. To do so would be stupid. It serves no purpose and would be overheard by management, who are the ones who have control over my employment. It would be especially silly to air views for little gain when they run counter to the rubbish you hear on a day to day basis, such as Brand Values, "wank words", and neurolinguistic related discourse.

I don't understand why anyone would do that, at all.

Nor do I - I'm not excusing it in any way. Just trying to offer a little perspective.

Must.....resist......comments about.......'the man'.....

Was the 'disgruntled employee' a fan of Cret Waspbane?

post-4809-1254315246_thumb.jpg

Did someone call? I can sign autographs for a nominal fee.

To do so would be stupid. It serves no purpose and would be overheard by management, who are the ones who have control over my employment.

Right, so you don't mind biting your tongue for "the man" when it suits you. What a selective anarchist you are. You only advocate anarchy when it doesn't affect your own pay packet.

Now there's a guy with conviction in his beliefs!

Exactly. Its more likely some recently made redundant personnel manager having a sense of humour bypass and trying to f**k someones personnel record for having a joke on the last day.

The reference will be interesting "Always polite, punctual, and good at his job ... until he turned into a hammer wielding lunatic on the last day. Ooooooo watch out"

Right, so you don't mind biting your tongue for "the man" when it suits you. What a selective anarchist you are. You only advocate anarchy when it doesn't affect your own pay packet.

Now there's a guy with conviction in his beliefs!

I honestly don't know if you are serious, because your outlook seems to be so utterly naive. You argue that I don't live in reality yet criticise behaviours that are completely realistic and sensible in regard to something you know nothing about.

Actually, tell me what the anarchist would do in the workplace?

Nobody in their right mind would openly talk about matters that would lead them to be sacked and which would seriously jeopardise they future employability.

The nearest analogy is that it is a bit like telling a chattel slave who disagrees with his bondage and other conditions that he cannot truly object to his situation unless he calls his master a fucking cunt. Why would I go out of my way to declare my views to everyone in the office? It isn't hiding my views, I just don't need to express them and cannot express them without fear of punishment (sacking).

Archived