Only In The Iom

Terse

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brutally naive view? Well you seem to have no idea what racism means. And the problem is OldManxFella, to understand some things properly maybe you have to be intellectual and pedantic about it, rather than rest of gut feeling and ignorance.

That Dubai example was a poor analogy. You would expect to have difficulties, of course, because your passport says BRITISH. Which is quite a different thing than what we are talking about here.

Screening those who are of Middle East appearance (and therefore more likely to be Muslims than me) is not racist in my book.
Wow, this still hasn't hit home has it. Of course it is fucking racist. If you screen based on race it is racist.

I admit, I don't particularly like the idea of wasting time holding up people who really aren't going to be terrorists, but have you really thought about the implications of racial profiling? I don't think it is right that people are frisked ONLY because they have darker skin.

Brutally naive view? Well you seem to have no idea what racism means. And the problem is OldManxFella, to understand some things properly maybe you have to be intellectual and pedantic about it, rather than rest of gut feeling and ignorance.

I said, specifically - Please don't respond to this post as I really don't care what you think, really I don't.

Yet you still can't help yourself.

For the record I find your posts FUCKING TEDIOUS, and I imagine that if I ever met you in real life I would find you FUCKING TEDIOUS, lots of people that have to sift through your posts find them FUCKING TEDIOUS.

Your just some student with a chip on his shoulder and your FUCKING TEDIOUS.

If you think I'm racist based on your cretinous assessment of the situation then so be it - I am totally fine with that.

Screening those who are of Middle East appearance (and therefore more likely to be Muslims than me) is not racist in my book. If people who look similar to you, and who subscribe to the same religion as you do, are terrorists than tough crap I'm afraid your front of the frisking list.

If I was in Dubai and Brits were bombing and maiming in the streets then I'd expect to have difficulties going through airports as its logical for the security services to profile people from similar ethnic groups in these circumstances for special attention. The problem with the UK and mainland Europe is that they are too soft and do not want to be accused of racism. Me I couldn't care less and its about time we were more honest about it - rather than inconvieniencing 10,000 people at Gatwick airport because only 2,000 are from an ethnic group that might be more likely than the rest to be involved in terrorism.

Please don't respond to this post as I really don't care what you think, really I don't.

The U K as a country has changed beyond all recognition in quiet a short time frame this is a fact We are now Multi cultural and multi ethnic

At long last even the Isle Of Man is starting to reflect this Multi culture and multi ethnic diversity

I am absolutly convinced that the people from all these different backgrounds do not want to be terrorised as much as any one

We all bleed if cut and all hurt from injuries

We allso live in a free movement area and as much as when an old Gentleman was removed from a Labour converance for being Bolshy

useing Antiterrorism legislation

i am incensed that a Visiter to our shores was Treated so Harshly not only by the security staff at the Airport

But also by the Police then the full majesty of the state

For in the Prosecuters words being Bolshy

When we start to take away the right of free expression we do so at all our Perils

In my view this has little to do with the rigid application of Airport security and more to do with

Do not question the State , or you do so at your Peril !

I can't help myself because you dismiss my comments on racial profiling as 'rubbish' and proceed to talk tripe about how dealing with people at a terminal based on nothing more than race is NOT racist. That's dumb!

'Just some student'? Well I suppose you inability to stay clear of the intellectual and having difficulty in understanding all this is due to being Manx or possibly being of febrile mind given your age.

.....lots of people that have to sift through your posts find them FUCKING TEDIOUS.

Source please. For "lots" find me twenty or so. I also expect your response to be timely and accurate.

At least LDV is unfailingly polite and unlike yourself can express himself without having to resort to profanities and would appear to understand punctuation as well. Ok, which can be absolutely infuriating to some.

In the meantime if stereotyping profiling terrorists indicates Muslims of Middle-Eastern appearance are the most likely hunting ground for our Security Services then so be it. I don't see it as racist because your race doesn't make you a terrorist, your beliefs do.

What has Manx got to do with anything?I find you a tedious boring cunt too.Always have to have a different opinion on everything.

Thank Goodness There is different opinions proffered This not the "Glee Club" where every one cheers each others views

This is a very inportant Topic and to inportant to simplfie into "Its the Burkurs wot did it "

Thats why we treat our travellers with such contempt

Its the Bush Doctrine "Your with us, or agen us cowboy " !!!!!

I said, specifically - Please don't respond to this post as I really don't care what you think, really I don't.

But then you make it very clear that you do care what he thinks.

And why should he? Because after a long reply to him you said "don't reply"? Do you usually get the last word at home or the office or something?

For the record I find your posts FUCKING TEDIOUS, and I imagine that if I ever met you in real life I would find you FUCKING TEDIOUS, lots of people that have to sift through your posts find them FUCKING TEDIOUS.

Why do people act so aggressively towards him, can't they handle views different to their own?

What has Manx got to do with anything?

Nothing, he was using that as a comparison to the idea that his views could be dismissed as he's "just some student".

What has Manx got to do with anything?I find you a tedious boring cunt too.Always have to have a different opinion on everything.
Just as much as my being a student has to do with anything, (even though I am not really a student). And I am Manx myself anyway.

In the meantime if stereotyping profiling terrorists indicates Muslims of Middle-Eastern appearance are the most likely hunting ground for our Security Services then so be it. I don't see it as racist because your race doesn't make you a terrorist, your beliefs do.
But you don't know someone's beliefs by looking at them. Or even from checking their passport and seeing they are from Jordan, Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan. I understand the problem. Because everyone knows that Al Qaeda terrorists are Middle Eastern in origin. But is it right to treat anyone who looks or is Middle Eastern as part of some suspect people when they come to an airport? It becomes more that we discriminate against the Arab, than just the Muslim.

If anyone is interested there is a really good book called 'Suspect Community' which explains the experiences of Irish people who were detained, interrogated, and placed in long-term detention in police holding cells when they hadn't done anything wrong. It very clearly demonstrates why racial screening is problematic, dangerous, and plain wrong.

At least LDV is unfailingly polite and unlike yourself can express himself without having to resort to profanities and would appear to understand punctuation as well. Ok, which can be absolutely infuriating to some.

Totally agree on this. LDV is always polite and his posts are interesting and frequently refreshingly different! I certainly get the feeling that LDV is often attacked here less for the content of his posts but for some other reason that I don't understand. Well done, LDV, in keeping the moral high ground here!

If you think I'm racist based on your cretinous assessment of the situation then so be it - I am totally fine with that.

I love LDV but I have to say OldManxFella, your post had me falling off my chair laughing.

Totally agree on this. LDV is always polite and his posts are interesting and frequently refreshingly different! I certainly get the feeling that LDV is often attacked here less for the content of his posts but for some other reason that I don't understand. Well done, LDV, in keeping the moral high ground here!

I have to agree, no matter what crap we throw at LDV I have yet to see him unlike others here resort to personal insults, therefore you can give him respect for his conduct if nothingelse, what a pity others canoot follow this including myself at times.

I love LDV but I have to say OldManxFella, your post had me falling off my chair laughing.

Well I'll apologise for the lauguage but to me he's like Chinese water torture .. drip, drip, drip, just drips and drips of smug twattishness that is so detatched from the real world it finally made me flip. I had him on ignore but his posts are that massive that you just end up missing vast tracts of threads that are just full of waffle, and bullshit, and ridiculous smugness.

He's like some irritating kid that just says "why" all the time until you want to throttle the little bastard.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Well I'll apologise for the lauguage but to me he's like Chinese water torture .. drip, drip, drip, just drips and drips of smug twattishness that is so detatched from the real world it finally made me flip. I had him on ignore but his posts are that massive that you just end up missing vast tracts of threads that are just full of waffle, and bullshit, and ridiculous smugness.

He's like some irritating kid that just says "why" all the time until you want to throttle the little bastard.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

I remember thinking everyone was equal, and why don't we all get paid the same for a days work.

That's when i was a student.

It's daft but innocent and LDV is simply in that early stage of thinking adulthood.

Archived