Tv Licence

chandler

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting

I wonder what the figures would be should the licence fee be abolished and the BBC become subscription based.

As for the 'British BBC - IOM' issue I doubt any of the present manx incumbents have the will for a fight.

As regards Manx/UK issues, the path of least resistance seems the norm.

The problem with this comparison Jimbms is that given how our society is structured in terms of education, people would only get a very shitty education unless it was paid for. And an educated society is something that I would think is essential. However, you could question the utility of my course and choices, if you have the unfortunate mindset that university should only be orientated to what job you will get. Maybe you have made a good point, but that depends on what your perspective is on education.

But why the attitude towards the BBC when it provides entertainment. Yes it is a publicly paid, but so what? Really curious.

I'm not stuck in any mindset, I just don't want to pollute every thread with political naivety, its boring and largely irrelevant.
I have to be convinced by looking at your posts. My comments are very relevant. For instance in this thread people are asking why they should pay it and questioning the value for money. But yes, it may be boring. However, calling me politically naive, well of all the people...

You're not an anarchist, therefore, as non-anarchists are too stupid to have read anything or understand anything and can't possibly have come to their own conclusions, you are stuck in a naive mindset forced upon you by the state, but you're too brainwashed to see that, therefore you couldn't possibly understand.

I personally think its worth it, the bbc is superb.
Me too , I think its a bargain and would pay that for radio alone.

Non BBC content is not 'free' as many might argue. Advertising costs a lot and it's included in the price at the advertised goods at the shop. You may be paying a significant sum every year to watch cheesy mind numbing ads.

I see that miserable bastard David Cameron is saying that he'd reduce the licence fee by £6.00. That sums that despicable man up. £6 is a petty nitpicking sum that will make no difference to anyone's budget but it'll reduce the standard of the bbc accross the board and then we'll all be the losers.

I haven't the slightest doubt that Cameron and the 14 multi-millionaires he has on his front bench alone will be an absolute disaster for the BBC. James Murdoch (aka His Master's Voice) has already made his intentions perfectly clear that he wants to see a much smaller BBC i.e. a lesser rival to Daddy's empire. So Cameron made all the right noises including a pledge to distribute some of the licence fee to "other news providers".

Surprise surprise not The Super Soaraway Sun then announces it's "switching" it's support to David and his chaps. The UK electorate is being sold down the river to News International and the best broadcaster on the planet is under threat. It's NOT a shitty world it's just that some of the people in it most certainly are...

Archived