Operation Flashpoint 2

Roger Smelly

I'm loving it, got completely stuck on the second mission for ages, but then stopped thinking about having to take down every single patrol/enemy in sight...played a very cautious and stealthy game and bob's ya mothers brother!

Same here, thought i'd just finished it (blew up radar site, went to 'overpass', got radio message) but when i got back to the menu mission 3 was not unlocked (i did not do the flanking mission as it was secondary)

I'm looking for some help here, hopefully someone has experienced the same as me...

I finished the liberation of the airfield mission last nite ( mission 5 I think ), destroyed the APC's, called in mortar fire on the enemy positions, assaulted the airtraffic control tower, destroyed all the APC's/Tanks that came in as reinforcements and even took out the attack helicopter. Yep it was a brilliant action-packed assault, however I lost all but one of my squad and the tower was destroyed.

When the mission finished it said that everything was completed, however the next mission hasn't been unlocked?!?! I'm confused and just wondering if anyone else has struggled?

Plus any xbox players out there who want to try it co-op?

Just finished playing it through after having gotten it on Thursday. I thought it was a little disappointing: it was pretty short, looks like it was made four years ago (some of the textures and models are just plain shit), and it didn't really have much atmosphere. It felt like a cross between Battlefield 2 and Hidden and Dangerous 2 without the fun of the former, or the attention to detail like being able to choose your kit and team, of the latter. It's probably fine as a multiplayer, but the SP part of the game feels very tacked on and half hearted.

Miscellaneous complaints:

1. Eliminating bunny hopping by not including the ability to jump is fine, but not when you've made it so players are stopped in their tracks by a four inch heap of pebbles;

2. The destruction part of the destructable environment looks crap: a puff of smoke, and suddenly a ruined building appears;

3. There's no point in having a gigantic free roaming map if 99% of it is empty, and those bits that are populated have at most about ten people in them (the major battle at the port felt a little anticlimactic, to say the least, with the place being defended by about seven soldiers);

4. Not having a free look whilst driving vehicles;

5. No beep beep horn in trucks and jeeps;

6. Comes with a billion weapons, and five thousand million playable vehicles; but you'll only get to use about five or six of the former, and three of the latter.

Operation Flashpoint Zombies Mod (For PC)

v0.1beta

- Zombies indefinitely respawn. Waves of never ending zombies.

- Zombies hunt players!! (mmm brains)

- Unique weapon systems. (example, MK48 mod zero with Aimpoint Optic)

- All weapons have a IR lasers and flashlights to aid coop play... Even the Sniper and Machine gunner.

- Infallible mission completion/zombie scripting, as long as one player is left alive, the mission can be completed... and brains will be served!

- No squad AI. 1 to 4 player Coop only.

- Loot zombies for ammunition, only a few carry it. search bodies or risk running dry.

- Team play is required. Extremely challenging in single player.

- Silent play, no longer do you call out enemy location, forcing VOIP team play.

- Silent Enemies, zombies don't talk, they only kill.

- Deformed Zombies who kill with their hands.

Please note that this is a beta, obviously a work in progress. We will be updating and adding more scenarios now that we have our Zombie scripts alive and kicking!

OFPZ_Mission1_v01b:

"An elite squad of four Marines are tasked with inserting into a zombie nest, destroy the infected site, and extract before being eaten alive."

• 1 month later...

Archived