Women's Mag Bans Professional Models

Amadeus

Brigitte, Germany's most popular women's mag, bans professional models

Germany's most popular women's magazine is banning professional models from its pages and replacing them with images of "real life" women instead.

In what is seen as the latest attempt to stamp out the "size zero" model, the editors of Brigitte said it would in future only use women with "normal figures".

"From 2010 we will not work with professional models any more," said Andreas Lebert, editor-in-chief, adding that he was "fed up" with having to retouch pictures of underweight models who bore no resemblance to ordinary women.

Germany leading the way (again..), and giving hope to women everywhere. I just hope their photographers know the correct answer to the question "Does my bum look....." :)

Germany's most popular women's magazine is banning professional models from its pages and replacing them with images of "real life" women instead.

In what is seen as the latest attempt to stamp out the "size zero" model, the editors of Brigitte said it would in future only use women with "normal figures".

"From 2010 we will not work with professional models any more," said Andreas Lebert, editor-in-chief, adding that he was "fed up" with having to retouch pictures of underweight models who bore no resemblance to ordinary women.

Germany leading the way (again..), and giving hope to women everywhere. I just hope their photographers know the correct answer to the question "Does my bum look....." :)

Being a German mag I assume that they are going to leave the great big hairy minge in, and the big hairy armpits?

Being a German mag I assume that they are going to leave the great big hairy minge in, and the big hairy armpits?

Why? Are German women generally considered to be hairier than women of other nations? I thought Bulgarians were meant to be the hairy ones. Or are you speaking from your own personal experience of a large number of close encounters with German women?

What a great way to get out of paying model prices and claim the moral ground at the same time.

The editor of bi-monthly glossy Brigitte said....

"We will pay the same fee as we would for professional models," Mr Lebert said, adding that the magazine views the move as an investment and not a "declaration of war on the modelling profession."

Archived