Which Is Best?

Upstream

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Live in the ghetto, shop in Netto.

After the latest food scandal, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Netto only had one of their products in that huge list of affected products (see thread in International News).

I will venture into this conversation.

STATEMENT:

SHOPRITE IS BETTER THAN OTHER SUPERMARKETS:

This is because Shoprite actually put money back in the pockets of local people and provide excellent fresh produce.

The level of quality in the Robinsons section is by far and a way better than any other supermarket on the Isle of Man. A bonus of which you can feel smug with yourself when you know you are putting your money back into local farmers, instead of large multinationals...Ooops! I’m sorry I forgot this might fry Tesco shoppers brains, of which have been turned into machines themselves believing the are buying Tesco Quality! Pah! that’s an oxymoron if I ever saw one!

People who buy Tesco over Shoprite are too lazy to go and find better deals, quality and service from Shoprite.

Buy Local - you will regret it should you ever lose it!

Don’t cry if you find your local farmer selling his farms off to the developers because he can’t afford to compete with Tesco and Co undercutting them.

Hmmm, you sound famaliar.

Point being . . . . . .

the trendy see-through bags are no good for picking up doggy poo . . not only 'cos they is see through but they got holes in them TOO (in case your little nipper put it on his head and suffocate - about one case in a hundred years btw!!).

See....Shoprite Bag is SOUND for doggy poo, type thing, picky up.

Nice girl in Bushy's should not have served me extra pint. Me ahm awa' wi' it.

Buit thanks love!

I will venture into this conversation.

STATEMENT:

SHOPRITE IS BETTER THAN OTHER SUPERMARKETS:

This is because Shoprite actually put money back in the pockets of local people and provide excellent fresh produce.

The level of quality in the Robinsons section is by far and a way better than any other supermarket on the Isle of Man. A bonus of which you can feel smug with yourself when you know you are putting your money back into local farmers, instead of large multinationals...Ooops! I’m sorry I forgot this might fry Tesco shoppers brains, of which have been turned into machines themselves believing the are buying Tesco Quality! Pah! that’s an oxymoron if I ever saw one!

People who buy Tesco over Shoprite are too lazy to go and find better deals, quality and service from Shoprite.

Buy Local - you will regret it should you ever lose it!

Don’t cry if you find your local farmer selling his farms off to the developers because he can’t afford to compete with Tesco and Co undercutting them.

True. I dont think tescos sell any local veg. nor use manx flour for their bread.

The quality of the fresh meat in Shoprite is far superior to Tesco. I have often wondered if this is because Shoprite is local and therefore they get offered the better quality meat from the local producers?

I tried Tesco a couple of times early on, but wont go there anymore.

The quality of the fresh meat in Shoprite is far superior to Tesco.  I have often wondered if this is because Shoprite is local and therefore they get offered the better quality meat from the local producers?

I tried Tesco a couple of times early on, but wont go there anymore.

Obviously you dont know good meat when you see it. All the meat at shoprite is second grade.(ask anyone who works at the aboitoir )They buy it and sell it at the counter or package it on their own premises. All the prepackaged meat at Tesco & M&S is packed at the IOM meatplant and is grade 1, neither organisation will tolerate anything else. How many people know that your butcher can buy various grades of meat, but seem to be able to pass it off as top grade.

The same can be said for the rubbish fruit & imported veg that you get at Robinsons. It does not keep for as long as M&S,Tesco or Morrisons.

Also, ask any of the few local producers what sort of a deal they get from Robinsons!

Obviously you dont know good meat when you see it. All the meat at shoprite is second grade.(ask anyone who works at the aboitoir )They buy it and sell it at the counter or package it on their own premises. All the prepackaged meat at Tesco & M&S is packed at the IOM meatplant and is grade 1, neither organisation will tolerate anything else. How many people know that your butcher can buy various grades of meat, but seem to be able to pass it off as top grade.

The same can be said for the rubbish fruit & imported veg that you get at Robinsons. It does not keep for as long as M&S,Tesco or Morrisons.

Also, ask any of the few local producers what sort of a deal they get from Robinsons!

Funny you saying that as a while ago I was talking to a local farmer who said Shoprite "Ballacushag" brand was the best due to it being matured for longer and I've never had a problem with their local stuff, I have found there imported chicken goes of before the use buy date quite often though.

With regard to their fresh fruit an veg not lasting as long maybe it has less preservatives.

Archived