The Lord Street Old Bus Station Site Saga Continues

bishbashbosh

5 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Oh no!  You’ve said the Summoning Words!   Now Banker will appear!

Could someone with photoshop skills create a Batsign spotlight with the outline of Jersey? 

2 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Uganda

We're a bit safer for gays and albinos though. 

That's while you are sitting in one of the useless bus "shelters"

Be cheaper to get some better bus shelters then? To be honest I have never had an issue with them. Do they not have bus shelters in bus stations?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Its already rammed with vehicles parking on sea terminal business

It’s rammed with people popping into town for under an hour.

The front forecourt would make a nice bus station. Would need work, though. 

The Liberation Station is an office/flats block above an enclosed bus station. A sensible solution, so obviously won’t happen.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Personally i cant see why we even need a bus station. What a waste of money. Its not like the line up on Lord Street is not adequate if there were just some toilets and a departure/arrivals board.

I agree. We've managed without one for c25 years. Why, when we have no money, has this suddenly become such a huge issue?

And yes, I am an occasional bus user, and I have waited in those shelters on Lord Street. If I need a piss, or something to eat, I just deal with that before I go to catch the bus. 

• Like 2

Not much use if you are waiting for a bus on Douglas promenade you clown

Do you want a bus station on the promenade as well as Lord Street 

14 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

It’s rammed with people popping into town for under an hour.

The front forecourt would make a nice bus station. Would need work, though. 

The Liberation Station is an office/flats block above an enclosed bus station. A sensible solution, so obviously won’t happen.

be a bit busy when the ferry is due

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Its already rammed with vehicles parking on sea terminal business.

Personally i cant see why we even need a bus station. What a waste of money. Its not like the line up on Lord Street is not adequate if there were just some toilets and a departure/arrivals board.

Sea terminal business? Rubbish! Sea terminal / government workers free parking! Hence why it is never rammed on weekends. 
It is the obvious and easy solution. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Not much use if you are waiting for a bus on Douglas promenade you clown

If you are talking about the prom shelters, then the answer is to wait in 1886, or M&S, or the new place above where Enzos restaurant used to be years ago, or The Alpine, or Boots, or Dealz……

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

Sea terminal business? Rubbish! Sea terminal / government workers free parking! Hence why it is never rammed on weekends. 
It is the obvious and easy solution. 

It is rammed on weekends. Including sundays.Keep up. You are out of touch. 

4 hours ago, Nellie said:

I agree. We've managed without one for c25 years. Why, when we have no money, has this suddenly become such a huge issue?

And yes, I am an occasional bus user, and I have waited in those shelters on Lord Street. If I need a piss, or something to eat, I just deal with that before I go to catch the bus. 

We 'managed' because there was nothing else .... we had no choice.  The bus 'shelters' are often full at commute time.  Believe me its not pleasant standing out on a wet/windy December night waiting.  Then sitting in wet clothes for the hour and 15 minutes it takes to get home!

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Nellie said:

Many bus passengers don't have control of their bladders. Either through alcohol or old age (and in some cases both reasons). 

• Haha 1