Pigs On The Wing & Planes Over Paris

Johnny B Goode

It wasn't a dig Planes, but where we were for the performance at the Kaiser Chiefs gig, the sound was so distorted it was hard to hear the tunes clearly. Shame if it is the venue as it is the only venue we have for that sort of performance.

No worries at all Gladys :-)

The Villa bars are always like that for concerts (well the 2 I've been to have been like that) I agree, it's rubbish. Which also reminds me of the £17.40 3 pints......no draft beer upstairs but you can get 2 halves using bottles of Becks, imagine my surprise when I got the bill, 3 pints.....£17.40

On the whole it was a great show.

I liked a couple of the Planes Over Paris 'songs' - the opener in particular - but found most of it very derivitive (U2, Big Country, Simple Minds), but hey that's a taste thing.

Pigs On the Wing were very good, but with a set-list like that and the light show to enhance, who could fail? The sound from at the front of the stage (yes, I know) was a bit harsh. Not too loud, just harsh and most of the solo from Comfortably Numb got lost. Shame.

Mind you for a tenner, you can't complain.

And the sad muppets who were queuing for the bar? Methinks you've got your priorites all wrong.

Archived