Crazy Parents Kill Their Daughter

La_Dolce_Vita

http://www.opposingviews.com/articles/news...th-r-1254934423

This is just nuts. And what I don't understand is how these parents can STILL believe in God after placing so much faith in him, but yes, of course, some excuse is made as to why he did not heal the daughter.

At my daughter's old school there were some God botherers who wouldn't allow their children blood transfusions and then there was another family who wouldn't allow their children to celebrate their birthday or, indeed, participate in class room celebrations of other children's birthdays. Of course they were never allowed to attend any birthday parties. Any celebration was seen as an indulgence whereas their days were meant to be spent sitting on spikes and eating only turnips. Wish I could remember which group of crazies they were now.

Edited to add: not to mention the craziness surrounding stem cell research....sigh

At my daughter's old school there were some God botherers who wouldn't allow their children blood transfusions and then there was another family who wouldn't allow their children to celebrate their birthday or, indeed, participate in class room celebrations of other children's birthdays. Of course they were never allowed to attend any birthday parties. Any celebration was seen as an indulgence whereas their days were meant to be spent sitting on spikes and eating only turnips. Wish I could remember which group of crazies they were now.

Edited to add: not to mention the craziness surrounding stem cell research....sigh

sounds like it could have been the brethren.

Could be, I don't 'get' any of these God squads. I do know, however, that JWs do not celebrate birthdays etc, and are dead against blood transfusions.

There may not be too many here of my age, but I remember as a child watching a dramatisation one early Sunday evening (which was the God slot on TV in those days) which dealt with a young girl, of my age at the time, who had fallen down a cliff and had sustained injuries requiring a blood transfusion, but her parents refused because of their religion. I think there was a bit of debate after with the likes of Malcolm Muggeridge trying to reconcile the religious views (God's will etc) with the pure expedient of saving the child's life and the development of medicine's ability to interpose itself between the two. I can remember very clearly my own thoughts which ran along the lines of: you have the means to save this life, how can doing it be wrong?

I think it was at that point that my father interposed with his unerring ability to get to the point, and said something like, they are hiding their love of something real behind a love of something intangible because that removes any responsibility on them. Very clever cookie me Da; funnily enough, he abandoned a divinity degree after a year.

I think it was at that point that my father interposed with his unerring ability to get to the point, and said something like, they are hiding their love of something real behind a love of something intangible because that removes any responsibility on them. Very clever cookie me Da; funnily enough, he abandoned a divinity degree after a year.

eq5jz6.jpg

pictures paint a thousand words!

sounds like it could have been the brethren.

When it comes to decency and good morality there's not a lot wrong with The Brethren.

For starters they teach their kids all the mumbo jumbo about God and Jesus and THEN all the shite about the coming end of the world (age, or whatever). It's child abuse, but of the mind.

eq5jz6.jpg

Yep that was him, but he looked more Like Eric Morecambe!

pictures paint a thousand words!

Archived