The Manx Film Industry

Moghrey Mie

Incidental benefit to a few busnisses aside, what about the 200mil, did we make a profit or loss? It is possible to quantify profit and loss.

It is a lot of public money by anyones calcs,

200 mil is what the Treasury recived innrespect of film &TV productions over 10 yeas under the terms of the old Common Purse Agreement

What those visiting companies spent here I do not know, but I had a good few bob off them at Tanroagan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not actually sure what the film industry is doing these days, but it must have fallen on hard times.

The shower of workshy gipsies down our road who used to thrive off all the food and easy money they used to get off them, plus all the film sets and stuff they used to snaffle.

These days I notice they are actually having to do some proper work.

Incidental benefit to a few busnisses aside, what about the 200mil, did we make a profit or loss? It is possible to quantify profit and loss.

It is a lot of public money by anyones calcs,

200 mil is what the Treasury recived innrespect of film &TV productions over 10 yeas under the terms of the old Common Purse Agreement

What those visiting companies spent here I do not know, but I had a good few bob off them at Tanroagan

Im getting a bit senior i reckon, who did the treasury recieve the 200mil from? im just curious because our esteemed leaders seem to have no qualms in frittering public money away and i have a suspicion that is the story with the film industry. Hopefully in future u will be one of those leaders, please dont fall into that mindset.

Glad you got some benefit in the resteraunt, i miss it :)

Archived