Afghan Fiddlers

mollag

Just wondering how come its accepted that about a million votes were fraudulent yet no one seems to be saying who is responsible?

Karazai is the usual suspect yet all the papers and politicos extol his statesmanship in accepting there has been a fiddle, probably he paid for it!

Well we sure brought peace and democracy to that country.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well we sure brought peace and democracy to that country.
Democracy is not the purpose of the war though and Afghanistan will never see it.

And the hoohah about Karzai has more to do with the West's changed attitude towards him. I such a way, I wonder if Karzai would be a better result than whatever the West approves of - and the Western governments (certainly the USA and UK) will make sure that they can try and have a compliant government to deal with.

Funny, i seem to remember promises of democracy and freedom, hmm, oh well let the fiddler run again andtell the world he is a statesman.

Bring the boys home eh? they are wasting their lives for nothing, it will always be as it is in Afghanistan

Long haired dog abuse eh? im game!

I don't really know what's going on, but there was an Afghan bloke on Question Time last week saying the opposite - that they were supporting the Taleban because the US were destroying the poppy fields.

Before we invaded the Taleban were our ally in effect, we having supported them in ousting Nadji Bullah's regime.

It was often reported that the Taleban were destroying the poppy trade it being a sharia led regime.

9/11 changed all that, they became our enemy for co habiting with Al Quida [no relation to Al Nino] so the enemy of our enemy became our friends---the warlords. Our Gov spun it around so that the increase in production was all the Talebans doing.

None of them are worth the loss of any of our guys, imho i reckon its a waste of time, money and lives.

9/11 changed all that, they became our enemy for co habiting with Al Quida [no relation to Al Nino] so the enemy of our enemy became our friends---the warlords.
They became an enemy because they wouldn't hand over Osama Bin Laden without providing evidence of his involvement in 9/11, that the Taliban demanded. It was not the original plan to get rid of the Taliban.

None of them are worth the loss of any of our guys
I am more bothered about the civilians personally, but I do agree.

I don't really know what's going on, but there was an Afghan bloke on Question Time last week saying the opposite - that they were supporting the Taleban because the US were destroying the poppy fields.

Before we invaded the Taleban were our ally in effect, we having supported them in ousting Nadji Bullah's regime.

It was often reported that the Taleban were destroying the poppy trade it being a sharia led regime.

9/11 changed all that, they became our enemy for co habiting with Al Quida [no relation to Al Nino] so the enemy of our enemy became our friends---the warlords. Our Gov spun it around so that the increase in production was all the Talebans doing.

None of them are worth the loss of any of our guys, imho i reckon its a waste of time, money and lives.

Do you write for the Daily Mail? If not you should....

Politically the whole region is like a house of cards. If Pakistan, a nuclear power, drops into chaos then the whole region could go the same way. This is why Al Queda and it's nefarious supporters are based in Pakistan's virtually ungovernable neighbour, Afghanistan, and are attacking Pakistan's authorities in an attempt to make it just how they like it - ungovernable and vulnerable.

Which is why the planks are in Afghanistan to try and stop them. They're taking casualties but wars do tend to have that effect. Simple as...

I am more bothered about the civilians personally, but I do agree.

They are all effectively civilians, we haven't declared war on Afghanistan.

Our boys should be sent back home on the first available plane/boat. The place is littered with British war memorials dating back centuries. Nothing is ever learned it seems, not even from the Russians who lost 14,000 men there in the 80s. It's unwinnable for a whole raft and variety of reasons, not least because we don't know what 'our' wooly aims and objectives are all about.

I always thought of Al Quida as a facilitator rather than an army, could they really muster enoughmen to attack the Pakistani army or is it rather the tribes sharing common grievance with them.

Al quida should really not be elevated to a National size just to create a "bogey man ",

Archived