Postal Strikes - Adam Crozier

La_Dolce_Vita

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is IOM post a different company then? I remember looking at vacancies there a while ago and thinking that the pay was OK?

Yes, it's different, it's not a company, and if you didn't know that then Oik Postagh Ellan Vannin would be mad to give you a job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8324624.stm

I can't believe this tit asks for 'common sense' when he is being paid millions each year. Common sense is lost when you have people paid such a salary. To then ask that others have it when they are getting paid crap is outrageous.

well normaly the ones that have the hardest jobs get paid the most, or should all ppl be paid the same wage

so somebody that say runs the mulit million pound company and has to make choices that could see the company going tits up and haveing to sack 1000 workers, or maybe improve the company and employ 400 more staff, you would pay him the same wage as somebody that comes in and sweeps the shop floor,

i take the job of sweeping then no hassle no stress no big choices to make, a sweeping life is for me.

VOTE LDV for PM :D

you do live in a strange world, :rolleyes:

I made no mention of equalising wages. In fact, I just spent the previous post saying it is not practical.

Just the fact that responsibility for making those decisions is placed on such a person doesn't offer an explanation as to why such a salary is acceptable. It isn't an adequate explanation to just say he makes decisions that can affect whether people lose their jobs or not (even though the decisionmaking you refer to is based on profit not about keeping people in the company).

I made no mention of equalising wages. In fact, I just spent the previous post saying it is not practical.

Just the fact that responsibility for making those decisions is placed on such a person doesn't offer an explanation as to why such a salary is acceptable. It isn't an adequate explanation to just say he makes decisions that can affect whether people lose their jobs or not (even though the decisionmaking you refer to is based on profit not about keeping people in the company).

ah i see, just re read it again

but the bigger thay get the more ppl thay need to employ, so the more cash thay make normaly means more ppl needed at some point in its growth period.

so jobs and profit go hand in hand.

Yes, though profit rules all decisions. I still don't see your point about responsibility and the millions this man and others get given.

because ppl who have to take responsibilty of a large company, or anything for that matter, have worked there ass off normaly to get there, (not everybody mind you) but most.

and ppl who have get rewards for doing just that,

paid for makeing the hard choices in life.

whats so hard ti understand.

company mangers picks between expanding the company that could make them go bust or make more cash,

shop sweeppers decide do thay get the brush now or later,

not hard to see why certin jobs get paid more than others.

and i see the reason there strikeing is over a machine that is to be used, and there worryed about loseing there jobs because of it,

some ppl dont like change,

to be honest i think its bad that the workers can hold a company to ransome over them wanting to stream line there company and make it better,

then again i think anyone that strikes is now worth employing, if you dont like the way the company works then leave and get a diffrent job,

You seem to think that those at the very top have done a certain quantity and degree of work commensurate with their resulting salary. Which is just twoddle.

How hard you work is not a good indicator of your salary at all.

As for responsibility, well so what if he makes decisions that could have a big impact on how much profit the company makes, why does such a responsible job require such a massive (and we are talking about a hugh salary) salary? It just isn't good enough to say it is because it is a responsible job. You can get people making responsible decisions at £200,000, for example.

I think it quite weird and definitely unfortunate how people genuinely think that such salaries have a justification based on some assumption that it is what they are worth.

Archived