'hate Crime' And A Christian Nutter

La_Dolce_Vita

this discussion at first glance seems very strange to me.

1. old woman complains about gay march

2. posters defend her right to free speech but have issues with the wording she used.

3. discussion about categorizing and classifiying people by their practices and why it is wrong.

4. ???????

5. profit

if calling people sodomite is wrong (or for that matter any offensive classification) have we come full circle and now feel that the old bat was fairly investigated for hate crime.

or

does free speech mean that it doesnt matter how offensive you, i or anyone finds a word people have a right to ignorantly pigeon hole by your behaviour in one area and if they so choose and we just have to grow thicker skin.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the 1950s and 1960s there was definitely a mentality that people felt they needed to prove that they are as good as everyone else. But it isn't something that has any bearing on gay people at all today in their use of the term gay - it is simply an sexual identity and has political connotations. For instance, I have no reason to prove myself or demonstrate that I am as 'good as everyone else'. Nevertheless, many think they do, such as those who believe in assimilation (though don't understand it as such) and think that adopting heterosexual culture and lifestyle patterns for instance is desirable and necessary.

I wouldn’t argue that people with a same sex preference thankfully no longer need to feel the need for frequent reinforcement of their orientation being normal.

But for the dinosaurs who do see something abnormal or even worse the idiots who see something abhorrent about it the continued use of GAY is appropriate as a reminder to them.

Norfolk Constabulary has defended its action as "proportionate".

Paraphrasing Christine Keeler's immortal words: “Well, they would say that, wouldn't they?”

Actually it was Mandy Rice Davis who said that.

or even worse the idiots who see something abhorrent about it the continued use of GAY is appropriate as a reminder to them.

Could this be classed along with idiots who class having several sexual partners as over promiscuous and deserving to be stricken by some illness or as the said idiots have stated homosexuality can be classed as this.

or even worse the idiots who see something abhorrent about it the continued use of GAY is appropriate as a reminder to them.

Could this be classed along with idiots who class having several sexual partners as over promiscuous and deserving to be stricken by some illness or as the said idiots have stated homosexuality can be classed as this.

Not for a moment. Two entirely seperate issues.

does free speech mean that it doesnt matter how offensive you, i or anyone finds a word people have a right to ignorantly pigeon hole by your behaviour in one area and if they so choose and we just have to grow thicker skin.
You either believe in free speech or you don't. And people shouldn't be punished for saying things that are offensive.

You either believe in free speech or you don't. And people shouldn't be punished for saying things that are offensive.

LDV please tell me you are drunk because I agree with that

Archived