Isle Of Man - Awards For Excellence

%age

You know how the Isle of Man has all these awards and back patting ceremonies with loads of champagne and sandwiches.

The likes of its very own "Best Finance Sector In The World Ever", "Best Bank as well", "Very Nice Manxman" and all that.

Probably the daddy of them all though, is the one awarded by the Tynwald Honours Committee

(From Tynwald website:)

Nominations for inclusion in the Manx Patriots’ Roll of Honour be vetted by a Committee of seven members appointed by Tynwald (to be called the Tynwald Honours Committee) and that the members of that Committee should be -

( a ) the President of Tynwald ex officio;

( b ) the Speaker of the House of Keys ex officio;

( c ) five other Members of Tynwald, elected by Tynwald.

Well I'd like to make a nomination.

And that is for the clerk or whoever it was in the UK VAT office, that dropped a complete and utter bollock in over-paying the Isle of Man by over £100,000,000 a year.

In fact fuck it, make them a saint.

All those noughts though eh. I know, it can be hard to admit to a mistake and there is always that overwhelming temptation to say nothing and hope no one notices. Well, at least not until they have taken early Civil Service Pension retirement to Cyprus or somewhere.

It is a bit of a double wammy really, because it would be an award in recognition of our lot too for keeping schtum about it all these years.

I prefer to hear about awards to people who do selfless things than hearing about some person in the finance sector and how much money they have made for their company. I don't think there is anything wrong with the award, but I don't see why those who judge such a thing should be politicians.

Archived