Windows Media Centre On Xbox

Shill

As I have just installed Windows 7 on my PC at home I decided to utilise Windows Media Centre which I have never used before.

Anyways, it was easy enough to setup and all but I find using the media remote control a little clumsy, there seems to be a bit of a lag when i press the navigation buttons and the buttons on the remote dont seem to tally with the labels.

Anyone else use Media Centre on Xbox and if so do you have the same issues ?

I'll check tonight, I thought mine was clumsy because the xbox is behind the TV so I have to point the remote at the wall to get it to work.

I've not checked the buttons that say DVD menu etc, I use the media centre green button, arrows, select and back mostly.

I guess the remote is more designed for playing DVD's and media from other PC's on your xbox rather then controlling media centre.

Are you using Media Centre remote or the xbox universal media remote?

I've been trying to get NControl to work with the iPhone app, but not managed it yet, it is supposed to work with extenders as well.

Mine isn't too bad when just watching content from my media centre, that is connected using homeplugs, but my media centre is also using shares on my desk top PC which is only on wireless 54MB, so when streaming music and photos the other day it was really slow to respond to remote input.

How is yours connected to your media centre pc? I found mine wouldn't even work on wireless, so had to go for homeplugs.

I'm all ethernet around the house back to my router.

The streaming is fine, just the remote to move around the menus is sluggish. It's fine around all the other parts of the xbox360 dashboard.

As I have just installed Windows 7 on my PC at home I decided to utilise Windows Media Centre which I have never used before.

Anyways, it was easy enough to setup and all but I find using the media remote control a little clumsy, there seems to be a bit of a lag when i press the navigation buttons and the buttons on the remote dont seem to tally with the labels.

Anyone else use Media Centre on Xbox and if so do you have the same issues ?

I've got it, linked to vista ultimate, but I found it to be a total waste of space. It doesn't support as many formats as just steaming upnp, and you've got to have a upnp server anyway to stream music in game. Far simpler to just use the one.

Archived