Usa Tops International Tax Haven List, Thanks To Delaware

Amadeus

Delaware beats Switzerland as most secretive financial center

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Move over Switzerland. The tiny state of Delaware beats the Alpine country in a contest for the most secretive financial jurisdiction, a tax justice rights group said on Saturday.

The United States, led by the eastern seaboard state, took in $2.6 trillion in deposits from non-resident corporations and individuals in 2007, according to a survey of financial jurisdictions analyzed by the Tax Justice Network.

The survey of laws, practices and size of inflows in 60 jurisdictions found Delaware coming in first, followed by Luxembourg and then Switzerland. The Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom round out the top five.

It's all ok if it's in their own country, ey? :huh:

I wonder what are the final aims and objectives of the 'Tax Justice Network'. Is it a world where all taxes are the same?

Where will that lead us? One world government? Penalising efficient spending governments that can lower taxes? Controlling what governments can raise to spend on their own countries or raise to invest in for the future? Similar standards of living across the world? Wage control to control country tax cash flows and a form of communism?

With globalisation - you can't have your cake and eat it, companies are mobile and tend to go where productivity is highest, costs and taxes are lowest.

Which is it to be?

I wonder what are the final aims and objectives of the 'Tax Justice Network'. Is it a world where all taxes are the same?

Where will that lead us? One world government? Penalising efficient spending governments that can lower taxes? Controlling what governments can raise to spend on their own countries or raise to invest in for the future? Similar standards of living across the world? Wage control to control country tax cash flows and a form of communism?

With globalisation - you can't have your cake and eat it, companies are mobile and tend to go where productivity is highest, costs and taxes are lowest.

Which is it to be?

Interesting point regards the TJN who are allegedly an independent organisation launched in the British Houses of Parliament in March 2003 with initial funding from a PRIVATE DONOR and Long term core funding has been secured from the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust

Tax Justice Network

TJN Objectives

I'm interested as to who this private donor is who started this off and whether he/she was acting under the proviso of lets speculate 'Mr Darling' or other gravy train UK Politician?

At the moment, the Private donor is secretive and although the sum of 33k is of a relatively small amount, it just seems hypocritical to me.

Can anyone enlighten me as to who this donor is please?

The Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom round out the top five

:ban::w00t:

they do seem to be very unhappy about the Foot report

Now the report notes how important these places are:

"Within the offshore market (as defined in chapter 2), the nine jurisdictions account for over 60 per cent of total financial flows through the banking system."

And it provides some more specific indications of the "hoover" effect they have, sucking up money from around the world and channeling it to the City of London. The three Crown Dependencies alone, the report notes,

"provided net financing to UK banks of $332.5 billion in the second quarter of calendar year 2009, largely accounted for by the ’up-streaming’ to the UK head office of deposits collected by UK banks in the Crown Dependencies."

"we have a weak apology for a report that is going to do little, but allow it to be claimed the issue has been tackled. . . .

I never had high hopes for this report. And even then I have been underwhelmed. A weak man, born to be an apologist, has delivered a weak report. It was what I expected but after a period of real progress this is, without doubt, a set back."

I wonder if they'll sack him now for not saying what they wanted to hear ?

(or they'll find his body in the woods ! R.I.P. Dr David Kelly)

Archived