Water Out In Peel?

x-in-man

She has just had a message saying there aint any H2O in Peel - anybody confirm or deny?

I told her it was coz they were all moaning about a sewage farm!

It's true, we were punished by having the water cut off for half an hour or so. It's back now on the condition that we all stop moaning. An alternative rumour is going around about a burst water pipe at the fish yards but I ain't buying that!

She has just had a message saying there aint any H2O in Peel - anybody confirm or deny?

Yeah. Apparently in Peel there ain't any H2O - or CO2, or H2, or O2, or N2, or He. In fact as of lunchtime Peel has become a great big black hole, a complete vaccuum, a great big empty expanse of nothingness. So if you bought in Ballawattleworth your now officially f**ked as Shoprite has imploded and been sucked through a vortex to the other side of the universe.

I told her it was coz they were all moaning about a sewage farm!

Yeah. Apparently in Peel there ain't any H2O, or CO2, or O2, or N2. In fact as of lunchtime Peel has become a great big black hole, a complete vaccuum, a great big empty expanse of nothingness. So if you bought in Ballawattleworth your now officially f**ked.

I'm sitting at home in Ballawattleworth now and we do have water again, however there's some truth in the rest of your post.

So if you bought in Ballawattleworth your now officially f**ked.

That's more to do with the DOT's secret plans to turn the 20mph 'HomeZone' estate into a bypass than anything else though.

I know but the opportunity to actually bypass Peel should not be turned down.

I went there once and believe me it was not a pretty experience!

So if you bought in Ballawattleworth your now officially f**ked.

That's more to do with the DOT's secret plans to turn the 20mph 'HomeZone' estate into a bypass than anything else though.

What 20mph home zone is that, if you are talking about the Ballawattleworth there is no traffic regulation order for that zone, it is a ficticious one put in by the developer.

What 20mph home zone is that, if you are talking about the Ballawattleworth there is no traffic regulation order for that zone, it is a ficticious one put in by the developer.

Fictitious? The developer put their own speed limit and homezone signs up? Is that not illegal?

The problem for the people who live in that estate (of which I am not one) is that they bought a house in a quiet cul-de-sac residential estate with large speed humps and a low speed limit and now they find that the speed humps have been replaced with something much less effective and that the DOT are planning (and planned all along but kept it very quiet) to increase the speed limit and turn it into a major through road with traffic passing about five yards from their front windows.

Archived