Bbc (iom) Journalism Again!

Last Ten

Yet another quality piece of junkalism from the progenitors of newsbot.

A bare single lightbulb above an old dusty desk where a jaded hack hammers out spurious reports on an old remington typewriter. Only a pack of woodbines and a half empty bottle of grouse for company.

'You bastards. I'll show you............'

is it possible that the safe belonged to a golf club but resided in the building known as the cricket pavillion - A W Moore I think instituted the cricket club at Tromode in 19th C (tho I have seen references to Manx cricket played much earlier in 19th C) but it is possible that they also play host to a golf club.

Police remind people to keep their valuables safe in the run up to Christmas.

It was in a safe FFS!

At least they did not try to blow it open in situ. Happened to a place round the corner form me across once. Blew the house apart and levelled it.

The headline in the local rag just read 'your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off'

Police remind people to keep their valuables safe in the run up to Christmas.

It was in a safe FFS!

At least they did not try to blow it open in situ. Happened to a place round the corner form me once. Blew the house apart and levelled it.

The headline in the local rag just read 'your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off'

Growing up in Peel must have been hard ??

Reminds me of an incident across a good few years ago. Some petty crimos knicked a safe from a builders merchants, stowed it in the back of a MK5 cortina then in an inspired Brainiac moment tried to open it by ramming it with the motor. One safe with slightly scratched paintwork, one Mk5 wrecked.

By the time they got the Cortina fixed, opened the safe and counted the money ...they were out of pocket.

The same group did a ram raid, again, out of pocket by the time the car was fixed.

It is said that they got fed up after that and went to see a drive in movie, got bored and slashed the seats.

funny thing is most of the old safes have a soft thin metal back, which could be easily broken into with an ordinary household hammer and a few heavy swings. they were supposed to be wall mounted so no need for the expense of a protected back.

saw this first hand from working at the auctions where we had to give a disclaimer to people buying said safes, not because im a safe cracker i hasten to add.

Archived