Servicemen Murdered

MilitantDogOwner

"It seems that they are totally convicted towards living in the dark ages." AND "and still the ungratefuls" AND "and you're happy with that then there's nothing the West is going to add to enhance their lives" AND "Unless proper Afghan civil authorities can be established and trusted to do their jobs honestly and without tribal animosities"

And then there is Asitis's comment, which makes me wonder where he is picking up his news -

If Afghanistan is a threat as we are told then let the usaf turn the place into an ashtray !!
Whoever told you Afghanistan was a thread?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chunkylover
"It seems that they are totally convicted towards living in the dark ages." AND "and still the ungratefuls" AND "and you're happy with that then there's nothing the West is going to add to enhance their lives" AND "Unless proper Afghan civil authorities can be established and trusted to do their jobs honestly and without tribal animosities"

And then there is Asitis's comment, which makes me wonder where he is picking up his news -

If Afghanistan is a threat as we are told then let the usaf turn the place into an ashtray !!

who told you it isn't?

Guest chunkylover
Nobody, I pick up books, read journals, as well as listening to what politicians and the papers say. I am not as stupid to read arguments from the MOD and politicians and believe them without question.

so a member of the taliban (an afghanistan national) shoots 5 members of our armed forces and that's not a threat?

Wow! Erm...if we put foreign troops in another country and community and in harm's way then they are going to be threatened with the possibility of being shot. That doesn't equate to a threat to the people of Britain - unless you are wise enough to recognise the possibility that such immoral action as an invasion of the country and social reordering is going to piss off the locals so they choose Al Qaeda to join.

Guest chunkylover
Wow! Erm...if we put foreign troops in another country and community and in harm's way then they are going to be threatened with the possibility of being shot. That doesn't equate to a threat to the people of Britain - unless you are wise enough to recognise the possibility that such immoral action as an invasion of the country and social reordering is going to piss off the locals so they choose Al Qaeda to join.

so they are only joining Al Qaeda because we are there - none of them were members before??

Guess what there isn't two towers standing the US now. I know its a total shock but guess what...it was Afghan nationals who hijacked the planes that hit them and heres an even greater shock, a terrorist group operating out of the Taliban controlled Afghanistan, called Al-Queda, claimed responsability for it.

So yes Afghanistan is/was/continues to be a threat.

Unless you think it was the police, as we all kniow you think they are the scum of the earth.

MDO I agree with you about the tragic nature of what has happened to some lads who have been sent to an impossible to control country by a bunch of politicians who do not have a clear end objective for involving the troops and who to cap it all off have failed miserably to supply them with the protective equipment and helicopters needed to reduce risk.

IMO however it is difficult to honour the ultimate sacrifice made by the soldiers of so many nations without also asking whether they should be there.

Would the world have been a better place if the 'leaders' of the 'West' had not seen support for the Taliban to be a great way of dragging the collective noses of the Soviet Union leadership and military through the mud? Maybe we should have let the USSR sort out the real extremists not give those people advanced armaments, training and intelligence support.

Give them a good price for the heroin and they will police the place themselves. Buy the heroin off them rather than having it go out on the black market. Buy their co operation.

It would be cheaper than running a war there.

The downside is the military industrial complex would have to start a war some place else.

Guess what there isn't two towers standing the US now. I know its a total shock but guess what...it was Afghan nationals who hijacked the planes that hit them and heres an even greater shock, a terrorist group operating out of the Taliban controlled Afghanistan, called Al-Queda, claimed responsability for it.

So yes Afghanistan is/was/continues to be a threat.

Unless you think it was the police, as we all kniow you think they are the scum of the earth.

Are you sure about the statement above ? Read

I am not entirely sure but definitely recall hearing how most of the 9/11 terrorists were not from Iraq or Afghanistan at all.

As for the current situation and topic thread its a desparately desparately sad situation for the families involved. But it had me thinking how you can prevent this murder by infiltration happening again and I think the sad answer is, you cant.

With regards to being in Afghanistan, there is no point being there to fight Al-queda. Its a terrorist organisation with worldwide networks, send more troops to Afghanistan, more troops will be killed, meanwhile the terrorists flee to pakistan, saudi or one of a number of other dodgy regimes around the world and plan further destruction.

Serious rethink is needed because I dont think many people have the stomach for British families enduring contiuning devastation for years to come.

Guess what there isn't two towers standing the US now. I know its a total shock but guess what...it was Afghan nationals who hijacked the planes that hit them
Here's a big shock - they weren't Afghans. Go and check.

and heres an even greater shock, a terrorist group operating out of the Taliban controlled Afghanistan, called Al-Queda, claimed responsability for it.

And what if they were Afghans and what if Al-Qaeda had a base in Afghanistan??? Do that justify war and all that involves?

Do you also realise that invasion was not even on the cards at first until it was decided that removing the Taliban (who were never personally involved) had some appeal?

Pongo - I agree completely. But those poppies and give the money direct to the poppy farmers.

Give them a good price for the heroin and they will police the place themselves. Buy the heroin off them rather than having it go out on the black market. Buy their co operation.

The poppy crop could make a useful contribution to the pharmaceutical industry sourcing of opiates. As the world population both grows and ages this is becoming a more important pain control medication.

Archived