Venue Relocation

Anna-Marie

Hiya Ever1.

I heard a rumour at the w/end about the Venue and its relocation.

As we all know that it is getting demolished and made into Apartments.

Someone told me that they were demolshing the Old Douglas pub and that the Venue was going to be built there.

Not sure if its true but hey.

:o

The brewery have had plans to demolish the Douglas/Clarendon and the old pet shop in between for a long time now. I guess it's a possibility they may consider renting the proposed facility and letting The Venue put their name on the door, but I would have thought it unlikely.

I expect most of the Venue patrons will just end up going back to Kensington Youth Club on a weekend night though.

God the Kensington Youth club i remember when i was still at skool and every1 used to talk about it, god its still goin then.

It makes me feel old.

:unsure:

I rather hope they don't. I quite like drinking in the Douglas, I doubt I will if I have to dress up and get asked for ID everytime to go there, only to end up drinking a shot of vodka in a bottle of sugar.

Guess I'll definately have to open up the speak easy now.

Am not that old only 22, i just remember every1 at skool talkin about the youth club in kensington rd went there once it was good anyway bak to the venue relocation i think it would be gud 2 hav a club down there on south quay it would be good to start off at say the british then head to the venue it would brighten up south quay for a start i think.

:D

Can't remember much about skool didn't like it, how people can say that there the be B) st days of their lives not true with me.

Archived