Shoplifting On The Rise

La_Dolce_Vita

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

must be the high taxes in the UK and they're skint :P

there were interesting figures in the paper last week about the percentage of rented property which was being paid for by the government, something like 70% !

no wonder they are in a financial mess, or is it on the way to being communism where the state pays for everything, but they havn't quite managed to exterminate private enterprise yet :lol:

cut there fingers off :o

That's the way they do it or something similar in some countries and although I personally think that its harsh, I'd imagine that they won't do it again, unless desperation was the problem in the first place?

I would imagine that there are persistent thieves all over the world and in the UK, they're less likely to go to prison due to the problems of overcrowding. Maybe one way is for the culprits to wear wrist bands sanctioned by the courts and using the barrier detectors you see in certain stores across, would go off, if they're trying to access the store? (I know, fine tuning, store types etc, human rights etc etc, but it's only a quick thought without wanting to elongate things)

"As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example, from Allah, for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in power." - Quran 5:38

Maybe one way is for the culprits to wear wrist bands sanctioned by the courts and using the barrier detectors you see in certain stores across, would go off, if they're trying to access the store? (I know, fine tuning, store types etc, human rights etc etc, but it's only a quick thought without wanting to elongate things)
Sorry Manxy, but that sounds like a horrifying idea because it will subject those who for whatever reason took something from a store in one place will now be have their past crime and identity pass to many many people.

I do hope these people are taking from the massive supermarkets, they're the ones raking in the millions in profits.

I don't consider it stealing. I don't recognise the ownership - it is quite a different thing from stealing something from someone's home, that is theft. But said all this before.

Additionally, the recent financial troubles have impacted heavily on the populace and food prices have gone up, yet the supermarkets are increasing their profits.

So the business don't have a right to pay their staff?

Or their suppliers?

Or their overheads?

What if your acquiring your necessities direct from the farmer/manufacturer? Do they have a right to charge you? They are a business after all, and they would be the same necessities.

Why shouldn't the business make a little extra money by doing all the hard work for you?

Archived