H & S In Your Home.

Terse

TIMES STORY

Health and safety inspectors are to be given unprecedented access to family homes to ensure that parents are protecting their children from household accidents.

New guidance drawn up at the request of the Department of Health urges councils and other public sector bodies to “collect data” on properties where children are thought to be at “greatest risk of unintentional injury”.

Council staff will then be tasked with overseeing the installation of safety devices in homes, including smoke alarms, stair gates, hot water temperature restrictors, oven guards and window and door locks.

The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence also recommends the creation of a new government database to allow GPs, midwives and other officials who visit homes to log health and safety concerns they spot.

I tend to agree with the comment that 'This is not the creeping nanny state, it is the nanny state at full gallop.'

So what did they do in the old days?

I just see it as another way to get money from people, break up families and create more jobs for the boys.

I would expect them to treat everyone the same, like freely walking into ministers homes, but somehow, I doubt it.

TIMES STORY

Health and safety inspectors are to be given unprecedented access to family homes to ensure that parents are protecting their children from household accidents.

New guidance drawn up at the request of the Department of Health urges councils and other public sector bodies to “collect data” on properties where children are thought to be at “greatest risk of unintentional injury”.

Council staff will then be tasked with overseeing the installation of safety devices in homes, including smoke alarms, stair gates, hot water temperature restrictors, oven guards and window and door locks.

The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence also recommends the creation of a new government database to allow GPs, midwives and other officials who visit homes to log health and safety concerns they spot.

I tend to agree with the comment that 'This is not the creeping nanny state, it is the nanny state at full gallop.'

Archived