The Prodigy

thebees

What do you think? That take me to the hospital song is funny, it's like the kind of stuff we were raving to back in 91/2. Anyone like it or have any thoughts about it?

I'm a massive Prodigy lover, I find that sometimes it is quite good to get a bit mental when you dance (only in the kitchen ofc)

Yeah, suppose :( Peter pan delusions from the oldbee again, I guess. I've seen them play a couple of times (4) first time they were on with Oasis at Knebworth (that was one of the WORST concerts I have ever been to, EVER! Oasis and Manics were pants unlimited) I went liking the Manics and hating the silly fire starters, came back loving the Prodigy and hating the depressing Welsh bores. I've been in the mosh pit of the Prodigy and its well scary, quite sure they were live though and not just 'playing a tape'. Huhu Mrbees and the professor (his brother) moshing their heads off while gay little raver (me) flaps about in a panic, hahaha happy days.

Prefer the Old stuff from fat of the land album backwards, and agreed I saw them at Glasto 09 and they were a bit of a let down I think it was more Sounds issues and volume than anything though, Still not enough to put me off and I am going to see them again in Blackpool in January.

Yeah, suppose :( Peter pan delusions from the oldbee again, I guess. I've seen them play a couple of times (4) first time they were on with Oasis at Knebworth (that was one of the WORST concerts I have ever been to, EVER! Oasis and Manics were pants unlimited) I went liking the Manics and hating the silly fire starters, came back loving the Prodigy and hating the depressing Welsh bores. I've been in the mosh pit of the Prodigy and its well scary, quite sure they were live though and not just 'playing a tape'. Huhu Mrbees and the professor (his brother) moshing their heads off while gay little raver (me) flaps about in a panic, hahaha happy days.

You paint a wonderful picture, Bees

You paint a wonderful picture, Bees

You've heard about my art classes too? shhh :ph34r: That mosh pit incident was the infamous 'I lost my toenail as a Prodigy dancer' moment, I hobbled back off to the tent while MrBees and said professor continued their mad jumping and pushing nonsense. (It was alright though....I had the pils......Holstein ofc)

• 4 weeks later...

Old Prodigy stuff was legendary (XL records stuff, and the albums Experience and Music For The Jilted Generation). Still liked them when their image changed circa Firestarter, Breathe and Fat of the Land but they did lose the rave vibe.

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned was pretty shit. Take Me To The Hospital is cut-n-paste nu-rave for the Annie Mac kids, funky but ultimately forgettable.

Still adore their old stuff though so will always be one of my faves.

Archived