Switzerland And The Minarets

rolandkirk

You know the issue I have. The prospective worker isn't really voluntary - they have to work. And this places them in a weak bargaining position vis-a-vis any prospective employer.

Unless, of course, they're being employed because the employer is incapable of carrying out the task him/herself - in which case they are in a strong bargaining position - n'est-ce pas?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wonder what will happen if certain rich Islamic countries take offence and begin to remove their funds from Swiss banks? anyone for an about face?

Does anyone know of an instance where spires on "christian " churches have been banned for "planning" reasons.

Do you mean churches in majority Christian countries or in majority Islamic countries?

But to answer your question directly, yes I imagine there have been church spires have planning permission denied. Unless you can prove otherwise of course.

I think its seen as the thin end of the wedge aimed at Islam, even the Vatican has criticised the decision as it has ramifications for all religions, the minarets provide the same function as christian spire mounted church bells, lately fallen much into misuse in the west but still appreciated by many.

Personally i am an atheist and have no love for any religion but this ban stinks of Islamaphobia and targeted intolerance

Archived