Xmas Number 1

Slim

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Make it so:

bit.ly/inthename

Fed up of Simon Cowell's latest karaoke act being Christmas No.1?

Me too... So who's up for a mass-purchase of the track 'KILLING IN THE NAME' from December 13th (DON'T BUY IT YET!) as a protest to the X-Factor monotony?

Oh the irony, everybody being told to vote for a song who's hook line is 'F**K you I wont do what you tell me' :D

Much as I dislike RATM I'd also prefer them to be number one than S*mon C*well and his band of merry idiots

Given that the whole premise of this thread is musical snobbery that's a bit rich Slim.

As for fun, I'm sure the fans of X-Factor make the claim that it's a bit of fun.

Frankly, I'm not that bothered by what's number one at Xmas, but if the best that the anti-Cowell faction can throw at him is an almost 20 year-old song. And an Alt-Rock song at that (a genre created by the US record companies in the early 90's to emasculate Punk, Indie & Hardcore and replace it with nice malleable artists peddling faux teenage angst to the masses).

If you want to make a protest against manufactured pop, shouldn't the beneficiary be a new up-and-coming artist?

Given that the whole premise of this thread is musical snobbery that's a bit rich Slim.

"None of the admins have anything to do with Sony music or Rage Against The Machine themselves. We're just 2 music fans who want to bring back the Christmas No.1 excitement to the UK (plus we'd love to see a Christmas No.1 containing the word 'fuck')"

Like I said it's just a bit of fun like.

Unfortunately the bookies have stopped bets on xfactor being number 1 and RATM is fave to be number 2.

The ridiculous cover of Hallelujah last year sold 579,000 copies. Cant see RATM beating that but it would be awesome.

I myself shall be buying it next week.

There's an internet campaign to back Rage Against The

Machine's Killing in the Name as Xmas number one.

On the same label as the X Factor track, there's a

nice conspiracy theory that Cowell has bought the

publishing rights and is behind the campaign...

Popbitch

I think it's a bloody marvellous idea. I'd already bought a copy before I knew about the Simon Cowell shenanigans. Why? Just because it's fun - because it shows that a bunch of like minded people can influence such an event - and last, but not least, that the general public (until they find out what's behind it) will be scratching their heads and thinking - WTF? If it's a finger in the eye for Mr Cowell then that will be the icing on the cake for me.

Take the log our yer arse Declan and don't take it all so seriously.

You might have splooged too soon though, it doesn't count unless you buy after the 13th!

Archived