1905 Edward Vii Coin Mint

johnpdrummond

if it's a gold sovereign, gold is currently at £688 per oz, so at least that would give a rough guide to the 'scrap' value, but would depend on the purity.

is it anything like these ?

thats the one

OK it's anorak time, today's gold price is indeed £688 per oz, which equates to £22.15 per gram and a sovereign as you all know is 7.99 grams of 22 carat gold therefore 22.15 x 7.99 x .916 = £162.11 that's the scrap value, anything over that is the collectors premium and that depends on date, condition, mint etc. ;)

if it's a gold sovereign, gold is currently at £688 per oz, so at least that would give a rough guide to the 'scrap' value, but would depend on the purity.

thats the one

OK it's anorak time, today's gold price is indeed £688 per oz, which equates to £22.15 per gram and a sovereign as you all know is 7.99 grams of 22 carat gold therefore 22.15 x 7.99 x .916 = £162.11 that's the scrap value, anything over that is the collectors premium and that depends on date, condition, mint etc. ;)

thank you for the advice i did sell it today to the shop near strand got £142 for it, so dont slap me if you think i didnt get enough for it i just didnt want it anymore :D

thats the one

I knew there'd be one lurking :D

of course we all knew that, didn't we ? :lol:

Archived