Isle Of Man T.v.

Ripsaw

Trust me dude, it is bigger than the Isle of Man (I've lived on both islands and had this argument before, more than once). Isle of Man is 355.66 sq kilometres, Isle of Wight is

381 sq kilometres (near as I can get, had it in square miles somewhere but can't find it).

Oh Mission, don't bring out the geography student in me, I'm supposed to be cool.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Isle of Wight is of similair size to the Isle of Man (very slightly bigger, with a bigger population too). Obviously, Channel TV incorporates Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm etc so geographically and population wise a lot bigger than the Isle of Man.

The IOW might have a bigger population 130,000, but I'm sure it's a smaller island approx 23x13 miles, it's only about 155 sqare mile in actual land area.

Trust me dude, it is bigger than the Isle of Man (I've lived on both islands and had this argument before, more than once). Isle of Man is 355.66 sq kilometres, Isle of Wight is

381 sq kilometres (near as I can get, had it in square miles somewhere but can't find it).

Check this page

http://www.gov.im/isleofman/facts.xml

I think it was this thread about Bermuda that got me thinking of the Isle of Man Space Program (is it 'm' or 'mme'? I never know when to use them), of course, it would have to be a private venture, I don't think I'd want to tust the Gov. to build me a ship. And none of those poxy rockets either, I want a gliding, streamline, warp-capable (err...) spaceship to cruise the Galaxy in. Damn it.

I'm going off to design it I think.

Interestingly enough... oh wait, I was going to post more and a link but it's not really about the TV idea so I'll stop hijacking other people's threads.

Carry on!

19:00 Triangle.

Intrigue and treachery on the high seas in the glamorous world of the IOMSPCo.

19:30 What The Romans Did For Us.

19:32 What The Vikings Did For Us.

20:00 Airport.

Scally gets caught with drugs up bum. And much excitement when Tom O'Connor is spotted by the magazines.

20:30 Judge Judy

Outspoken Michael Moyles presides over a series of real-life cases and conflicts.

21:00 The News.

21:01 The Mannin Line.

Gareth Hunt stars as the tough radio investigator fighting for justice. Maynard stars as the loveable old rogue scrap dealer. The bosses want the programme axed. Same every week.

22:00 Bugs.

Nick Berry is a tough but fair Police officer with a past. He leads a team of high tech snoops. But his superiors don't appreciate his unconventional methods.

23:45 Star Trek.

TV astrologer Roger Moore's weekly series about the Manx Space Programme.

00:15 Closedown.

A welcome return for this classic series.

22:00 Bugs.

Nick Berry is a tough but fair Police officer with a past. He leads a team of high tech snoops. But his superiors don't appreciate his unconventional methods.

I think ive seen that episode mate, what a load of bollocks, as if they would get away with planting a listening device in an interview room....so unrealistic :ph34r:

off thread...

Another "local" TV channel is Manchester's Channel M.

Like Solent, it offers a local service and is (apparently) successful.

Transmitting 19 hours a day, 7 days a week, Channel m has a varied schedule including music, entertainment and fashion and at the forefront of the schedule is Channel m's daily news bulletin - exclusively for and about Greater Manchester.

Channel m News is broadcast from the Triangle in city centre Manchester and shown at 5.00pm every weekday evening with repeats at 5.30pm, 6.00pm and 6.30pm, providing the people of Greater Manchester with their first ever, truly local television news service.

{snip}

Also included in the schedule are programmes produced by the media students at Salford University

See Also Channel M Programme Guide (...There's even a Punk Show :o)

Archived