Travolta Flies In Supplies

kevster

Hollywood actor John Travolta has flown his own jet to Haiti to deliver relief supplies to those affected by the recent earthquake.

Travolta, 55, flew the Boeing 707 from Florida on Monday carrying four tonnes of ready-to-eat military rations and medical supplies.

He also flew in a team of doctors with him and his wife Kelly Preston.

The team also included Scientology ministers.

Haven't the poor sods suffered enough?

HERE

Hollywood actor John Travolta has flown his own jet to Haiti to deliver relief supplies to those affected by the recent earthquake.

Travolta, 55, flew the Boeing 707 from Florida on Monday carrying four tonnes of ready-to-eat military rations and medical supplies.

He also flew in a team of doctors with him and his wife Kelly Preston.

The team also included Scientology ministers.

Haven't the poor sods suffered enough?

HERE

& 10 tons of luggage ?

Taking up runway time that could be used for proper relief planes, delivering scientology members, the last thing Haitians need right now are a bunch of priests. Could he not have donated the cost of that flights directly to aid agencies that are working on the ground and know exactly where the aid is needed and can distribute it properly? How much does a flight of 1000 miles cost?

Lucky hiatians, living in tents and ditches so that a very rich person can fly their toy plane into the country for a photo opportunity and then fly off again asap. They are truly blessed.

And 4 tonnes of supplies, he probably burned that much fuel getting there.

bringing "scientology ministers" turns an otherwise inspiring act of charity into a cheap publicity stunt.

And this is different from 'Christian Aid' (for example) in what way?

No different, i hate the cynical way in which religions turn disaster to their benefit.

Do you think the people of Haiti are thick? No minds of their own? If I needed help and someone told me to believe in their God and I would be helped, I'd be a praying to the little green men in the sky, for all of the half hour it took to get the food.

Archived