University Students Are Being Failed In Exams Because They Quote Sayings From The Bible Or Qur'an As Scientific Facts

Amadeus

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God heals the sick and cures the lame, but can anyone please explain why God never listens to the prayers of amputees? Has anyone heard of God answering the prayers of an amputee? I can't find any record anywhere of an amputee being cured by a miracle, so I was wondering, is there some sort of unwritten understanding that amputees don't count, or does God just not like them?

We're all God's creatures Dan. How is it that some know more about him than others? Does he have favourites? Sounds a bit cliquey to me.

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 2:1-4

Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Spoken by Albus Dumbledore.

As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all - the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.

There is no good or evil: only power and those too weak to seek it.

Spoken by Quirinus Quirrell.

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Im not entirely sure how quoting works of fiction contributes to the discussion.........but DJ Dan started it.

Dan, can you explain why God has never answered the prayers of amputees? Why is it that he sees fit to answer the prayers of the dumb, the blind, the lame and, even those with seemingly terminal cancer, but has never, as far as I am aware, allowed an amputee to grow back so much as a new finger?

Is it, as I suspect, that he sometimes takes a shine to terminal cancer sufferers, but he just has it in for amputees?

Archived