Monitor Wanted

Stevie Boy

Looking for a flat screen computer monitor at least 25".

And it goes without saying that it has to be cheap... :D:D

can't really see a 25" monitor being 'cheap' anywhere, but i recently purchased a 22" samsung TV for 250 notes at waltons that has a 'normal' PC monitor connection ( blue type ), the 26" samsung was around the 400 quid mark, but hintons in onchan are 380 ish for the same thing. the plus with using a tv is that it has freeview digital built in, and also has scart,component and HDMI input for gaming machines or whatever. the 22" is displaying at 1380x something? so maybe no use for higher resolutions that some monitors/graphics cards can display. it is only a series 4 too so i'm not sure it is full HD either?? but it suited my needs ok.

• 3 years later...

South Korean IPS panel, 27" with amazingly high res - £200 to get shipped here on eBay. Look around a few forums, people love them, I'm planning on getting one myself.

Link? Are you saying £200 all in or just shipping? I am looking for a 27 inch 2560 at the moment, best option so far seems £450 for a Dell.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CROSSOVER-27Q-LED-High-Resolutio-n-2560x1440-QHD-DVI-D-Dual-S-IPS-27-Monitor-/110867210291?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19d0336033

IIRC they use the same panels Apple use for cinema displays, or they did at one point. Currently around £250 inc postage due to exchange rate, but from what I've heard and seen, well worth it...

£250 by my calculations, not like I can claim the VAT back either and the Dell I'm looking at would be 360 without the VAT so just £110 quid more than an unbranded foreign import with questionable warrantee, I think I will stick with the Dell, but let us know how you get on.

Archived